new clutch

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
ok well im gona put my new south bend clutch in my 02 6 speed this weekend, is there anything i need to look out for, anything i should do when i have the tranny out? what kinda fluid does it take, a see it has coolent lines running to the radiator, so is it ATF? and what about the t-case? i got the 550HP and 200 ft clutch

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
got the 550HP and 200 ft clutch

:confused: you mean the OFE rightLOL

SB clutches IMVHO are superior to the comprable LUK units...but that's just me:D

Not up on the 6 speeds :sorry: but my 5 sp loves it....nice and smooth pedal....gonna take some breaking in to loosen up the "grabby" initial feel ...esp backing a trailer up.

Not to mention SUPERIOR customer service:hail ....just ask ARGVE, Rubberfish, myself ;Sweet

FAR beyond what you would expect!
Money well spent:thumbsup:

rubberfish

Reaction score
my 5 sp loves it....nice and smooth pedal....gonna take some breaking in to loosen up the "grabby" initial feel ...esp backing a trailer up.
Not to mention SUPERIOR customer service:hail ....just ask ARGVE, Rubberfish, myself ;Sweet
FAR beyond what you would expect!
Money well spent:thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more. They are a little grabby
for the first few hundred miles, and if it doesn't get
nicer in that time, slip the hell out of it starting on
a hill in third. :eek: I know, it goes against everything
we believe is the right way to treat our stuff, but it
will fix 'er up. I was a little reluctant too, but Peter
said "do it", and I always do as I'm told ;Really .
And like Geo said, if you ever have trouble with
their product, there's someone there to answer your
call, and deal with your concerns. You'll be happy.

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
ya i got it all done last night, it works great, smooth pedal, and it is a little grabby like you guys are sayen, but so far so good

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Yea , a few 3 rd geart starts will set her right;Sweet

No real chatter...just a tight grabbing clutch....can't imagine what their double dics pulling clutch is like :eek: :Sly

Possibly due in part to the reduced pedal effort required......that left leg just don't know how to deal LOL

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
oh ****, i think i need a tranny now, it still kinda grinds, not as much as be fore the clutch, i thought the grinding was the throught bearing, but it still does it alittle, and now with the clutch out in neteral it makes a small grinding noise also, what does that sound like?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08