New Clutch Offering?

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I was reading thru my new issue of Diesel Power for the second or third time and came across an add for a single mass flywheel/clutch conversion from Centerforce for 7.3 IDI's. Don't know if this is new or not, but it's news to me.

Also in the new issue, they kinda did a story on a '99 7.3 PS rebuild. It was rather disturbing to see that they had a .040 overbore done on the cylinders instead of re-sleeving. Maybe they know something about newer powerstrokes that I don't, but it seems this is asking for trouble down the road which could be detrimental since readers are beginnig to take this publication seriously.

Tom

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I do believe that in the PSD they don't have near the problem the IDI's do with cavitation because of extra block webbing for the cylinders which braces the jugs for less vibration. So I do believe they can get away with it. Now the 6.9 doesn't have as much of a problem because it's walls are thicker so it's got a little more meat to it than the 7.3 IDI - more meat = less shaking/flexing.

Which I know that Oldmisterbill got away with boring out his 7.3 IDI with no cavitation problems.