need to find pedestal for ats 093 turbo

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How recently have you changed glow plugs? Asking because the rearmost one on the passenger side is a real bear to change once the turbo's on.

Do you have an installation manual for that system?

Definitely start hosing the exhaust-pipe-to-manifold bolts with penetrating oil. The studs have to come out of the passenger side as well, otherwise the up-pipe won't completely seal.

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never done the how plus since I bought the truck so I should probably do them, I downloaded the install manual as PDF from ats, i know that the 6.9 #2 injector line won't work with ats airbox but if I use one from 7.3 will that work?
Thanks for the tip, I will pick up some pb blast on way home from work today

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the inj line but mine's a 7.3 and I didn't have any issues....im sure someone will chime in

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have spare lines from a 7.3 that I got off my parts truck and it looks like the line from the 7.3 will work with that airbox but the 6.9 one is too tall I think

reset2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a 1994factory system install on my 1990 f250. It is the best thing I did to improve performance. Love it.

Robert
Myersville, Maryland

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember firewall mods. I used a sawzall to cut the pinch weld seam into narrow tabs, then bent each. Also consider upgrading downpipe to 3". Superduty 4" exhaust system is a bolt on, with the exception of minor mods to downpipe. This is a very worthwhile upgrade to your truck!
You must be registered for see images attach

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was several years ago,,,,,,, I set both parts on top of wood stove in garage and allowed them to heat-up. Then welded using a stick welder with nickel rod. Worked pretty good considering I was joining cast iron and stainless.