Need some part number help

87F250

Reaction score
Hey there folks,

This week I'm finally getting around to dealing with my cracked firewall and worn out clutch pedal parts. I have the large firewall reinforcement kit and the truck is going to a friends shop to have the crack welded.
What I'm looking for is a list of parts and part numbers to completly redo the the worn out clutch linkage. I want to just go through everything once and be done with it. Perhaps some of the members here can help me streamline my parts gathering so I don't buy things I don't need.

Thanks in advance, Randy

Exekiel69

Reaction score
There is an article you can use to make your own clutch pedal mod. In the archives or articles section.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
87F250 said:
Hey there folks,

This week I'm finally getting around to dealing with my cracked firewall and worn out clutch pedal parts. I have the large firewall reinforcement kit and the truck is going to a friends shop to have the crack welded.
What I'm looking for is a list of parts and part numbers to completly redo the the worn out clutch linkage. I want to just go through everything once and be done with it. Perhaps some of the members here can help me streamline my parts gathering so I don't buy things I don't need.

Thanks in advance, Randy

I would not weld the firewall either!!! The type of metal it is made of (recycled pop cans I think) will not take the heat of a weld. It gets brittle. The previous owner of my truck tried to weld it and he welded for a living, it made it crack around the weld which made it even worse. If you have the big kit, you don't need to weld it and the TSB says not to.

As far as the parts, I used stock ford parts for the clutch linkage from LMC and www.fordparts.com they both took good care of me but LMC tried to separate me from my money a little harder! :)

Last edited:

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Thank you for the link, I've been looking for the clutch pedal to master cylinder bushing (plastic or aluminum) for some time with no luck.

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
2nd on the welding! unless the fellas shop has a very very nice TIG setup with someone who really knows his stuff on it, id say no go, just go with the kit! i love my cluth after doing the heim joint mod.

87F250

Reaction score
Hey thanks everyone. Well, I decided to go through my truck file and lo and behold there was a copy of the TSB. And thanks for the tip about not welding up the crack. It's been years since I've seen that TSB and it seems pretty thorough and a big pain in neck!

If anyone has part numbers, please post'em up.

Thanks

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Randy,
Here's the link for the clutch pedal mod. Here

And here's the link with part numbers ind repair guide for the TSB you so speak. ;Sweet

Hope this helps.

87F250

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks to all who replied. Got the large reinforcement plate installed and all is good. Funny thing though, all the bushings, brackets and things up under the dash were in fine shape. So we just did the plate and left well enough alone.

Randy

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
:confused: :confused: How do you find a complete part # in the Ford Tech Serv Pub. I have the 5 digit part #, but not the first 4 or so digit. Ex. 3F523, 3F524, etc. Where does the F4ZT, F3ZT, etc come from? These are brake system parts.

Inquiring minds want to know!!:confused: :confused: