Need some knowledge

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I can say that the clutch discs are different between the 4 speed and 5 speed transmissions. The input shaft is smaller on the 4 speed. If you try to use a 5 speed disc on a 4 speed, the splines will have some extra play in them. Will it work? I have no idea, but I've never tried it either.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still learning so I'm seeking knowledge on the 1983-1986 f250 4x4 steering. How does the factory parts hold up to off-road/overlanding? What are the recommended parts to replace and what brands are recommended? I do plan on keeping my dana50 and I'm already aware redhead has the better steering box option.
What do you plan for tires wheels? You going to carry a slide in or doing a roof top tent?

Only ask cause the 10-ply Load Range E can really send every little pebble into the pickup.

Finding something you can carry your weight and lower pressure on sure makes a nicer experience.

86bullnose4x4

Reaction score
Can't Write sorry for the late response. At the moment just a truck bed tent that only weighs like 30 pounds if I had to guess. I guess it's more kinda overland than actual.
But I'm probably just going to go with some toyo open country all terrains or something similar. I think the wheels the previous owner put on are from an obs f250/350 I like the way they look so I'm going to hang onto them.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
What do you plan for tires wheels? You going to carry a slide in or doing a roof top tent?

Only ask cause the 10-ply Load Range E can really send every little pebble into the pickup.

Finding something you can carry your weight and lower pressure on sure makes a nicer experience.

Inflation pressure is up to you, and there's easily 1000# difference between various 'Load Range E' tires.

I run load E tires on the jeep.... they only need 30-35# air for the road.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If dirt roads were most of my future and not having a slide-in, I’d also consider a D range tire for softer compliance.

How does your jeep like the 10 ply of the E’s on such a light vehicle? Or better yet, how do you like them?

Do you keep them at 30-35 on the trail as well or drop the to 15-20 psi?

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
How does your jeep like the 10 ply of the E’s on such a light vehicle? Or better yet, how do you like them?

Do you keep them at 30-35 on the trail as well or drop the to 15-20 psi?
I think its fine. Onto the third set now. Dont offroad enough really to bother airing down. Usually a lot of highway between adventure spots, and not setup for OBA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online