Need rad...Powerstroke work?

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few months ago, I replaced the radiator in my 85 F-350, simply because it was getting old enough to possibly self-destruct at an inconvenient time.

I had no leaks and was having no cooling issues; I was just afraid that it was at the verge of disastrous catastrophic failure.

I put in the ReadyRad unit, from Advance Auto, around $350, and I have been well pleased with it.

It appears to be of original type quality construction and I have not added a drop of coolant since installation.

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, Thanks guys, I found one here locally from a guy with a '94 with a 460, the rad is a 4 Core, and claims it's only 2 yrs old, $250.

I'm going to take it to a rad shop and have them check/flush etc before purchase just to be safe.

Still running on my original though with a couple surgical clamps holding it together.....?!!

Zigg :)

Headerpower

Reaction score
Any good radiator shop should be able to repair and flush your damaged radiator for a reasonable amount of money. There should be any number of capable shops on the lower island. Forest industry types are running sticks through their equipment radiators all the time. I know we have a shop in Powell River that could fix you up. PM me if you need more info.

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any good radiator shop should be able to .... Forest industry types are running sticks through their equipment radiators all the time. I know we have a shop in Powell River that could fix you up. PM me if you need more info.

Thanks kevin. Good to know there's a few others here on the island...

Had a look at the one from the 460 today, but it's beat to hell. Not interested even at $250.

I think I'll take your advice and go to a few rad shops and see what they think about my unit. Maybe someone can give it a shot and make it work. It's otherwise a good unit...

Zigg :)

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
I had good luck in the past with Maurices on Nanaimo St. They did my rad on my diesel VW in the past, and dipped a motorcycle tank. Both times I was pleased with the end product and thought the price was fair.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I've got one out of my '90 donor that's available, not sure how much dough to ship it and I'd have to look at it again to see what condition it's in. Didn't have any leaks and the temp was normal (on a 100* day at 7k feet) for the short time I drove the truck before I stripped it. If it's good, how does $100US + shipping sound? Let me know if you're interested.

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Radiatormonkey.com - The rad in my 86 came from them ... I've put about several years on it w/ no issue. I also purchased a rad for my wife's ride and a couple of heater cores from that site... all good ...shipped quick too.
Good Luck.

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had good luck in the past with Maurices on Nanaimo St...... Both times I was pleased with the end product and thought the price was fair.

WWWabbit:
Took it to Maurices' couple days ago. They had it clean/fixed and even painted it in 2 hours.Had to sacrifice one tube because the hole was so big, but it's back in and running like a champ.

You were right. They're very good, very friendly, and very affordable(less than $100). Hard to find these days...

So, thankx for the heads up.

Don :)

94johnh

Reaction score
Zigg
Check fordpartsonline $418 USD dont know
what DUTY would be shipping would not be that bad.. Also have you checked a local recore guy for a price ?

john

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online