Need help with installing an injection pump

smokin90

Reaction score
:dunno I'm getting ready to install a new injection pump on a 1988 F-350 can someone please me the easiest way on how to do it......thanks

gandalf

Reaction score
That's the guideline/article I used. I printed the first part, several pages, read it several times, and then kept it handy. I found it pretty covered everything I needed to know to remove and install an IP.

If you look at the attached picture you'll see my printed copy I had for ready reference.

Attachments

• DSCF7646.JPG
    DSCF7646.JPG
    827.5 KB · Views: 17

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
That's the guideline/article I used. I printed the first part, several pages, read it several times, and then kept it handy. I found it pretty covered everything I needed to know to remove and install an IP.

If you look at the attached picture you'll see my printed copy I had for ready reference.

i just used my iphone to read it when changing mine :sly :D

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
Yeah it is 10 bolts mostly and comes right off. Leave your injector lines all attached. since you are not turbo you can get it out pretty easy. My first time it took me about 45 mins to R&R mine.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I cut a 9/16 combination wrench in half to make is easier to get to the bottom bolt on the passenger side of the pump. An offset wrench works well to. Just a bit tight getting at that one bolt is all.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
i bought a cheap wrench and bent it. i put it in a vice and heated it up with mapp gas. I bent it at about a 45 degree angle. might take a little bit of tweaking to get it right, and maybe a little grinding on the end, but its a simple thing to make.