Need advice with my 1992 F250 7.3 IDI

Nick382

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to add SCA.
Yes, the previous owner had changed the coolant with the conventional green. I didn't imagine he added any SCA. I think I'll just use the additive for now, and look into a coolant filter down the road.

Yesterday I started to remove my rear drums and couldn't believe how strong corrosion can weld parts together. Looks like the brakes on front and rear will be soaking up quite a bit of time and money as well. But, the truck has to run and it has to stop.

Any suggestions on component brands for the brakes? I've read warnings about Chinese quality from auto parts stores and the economy section of rock auto, but don't exactly want to throw $600 in parts at the brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My coolant filter was about 50 bucks... Just got the filter head kit from napa, 4 feet of hose (overkill), and the filter. The kit comes with the hardware and I already had loktite at home. Plumbed it inline with the heater core and flushed the coolant and added regular non-elc green coolant at the same time. I went with the filter that has the 8 units of sca already in it.

Nick382

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed they have that kit on online for very little money. I'll add it to my list of things to order. Thanks for the heads up.

Nick382

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've also just read that Justin was banned from the forum? I hope I didn't make a mistake sending him my pump / Injectors.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was banned for his behavior on the forum not because of his products. This was years ago and he seems to be much more professional than before. My new injectors from him have an occasional fuel nock.

Nick382

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He was banned for his behavior on the forum not because of his products. This was years ago and he seems to be much more professional than before. My new injectors from him have an occasional fuel nock.
Stock injectors or ?

Nick382

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that sucks. Hopefully I don't encounter any issues. A bit late now that it's already arrived anyway.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair I haven't heard many people have issues with them. If they weren't in my daily I would send them back to him.

Nick382

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be fair I haven't heard many people have issues with them. If they weren't in my daily I would send them back to him.
That is good!

He sounded quite backed up with orders the last time we spoke; perhaps I should be ordering that $600 list of brake components while I wait.

Nick382

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I removed and inspected my CDR valve and noticed that the diaphragm is absent. If this is the trigger for my oil leaks, is the damage already done to the leaking seals?? I'm not sure if the excess pressure was enough to make decent seals leak more than they should.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I removed and inspected my CDR valve and noticed that the diaphragm is absent. If this is the trigger for my oil leaks, is the damage already done to the leaking seals?? I'm not sure if the excess pressure was enough to make decent seals leak more than they should.

Um... you don't have /pressure/ there. You have /vacuum/. The intake is under vacuum, the crankcase creates the pressure. It shouldn't cause any oil leaks due to pushing oil out... because worst case, your crankcase becomes under vacuum.

That being said, the CDR is open 99% of the time anyway, so it probably wasn't really affecting anything.

Nick382

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered a bunch of stuff from Rock Auto. I've read that I can't combine conventional green automotive coolant and the SCA's without undesirable consequences. So, I'm probably going to buy the fleet guard coolant and replace what I have in there, even though it was just replaced.

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online