Need advice with fuel delivery issue.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A pyrometer is a gauge that reads your exhaust temperatures. This is important because as you increase fueling these temperatures increase, you don’t want to exceed 1200* for very long because you risk engine damage.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What exactly is this adjusting? You've got me hungry to learn more. Sounds like something I'd be interested in haha

And the red adjustment also, what's that one do?

Teach me ObiWan
Torque screw limits travel of the metering valve at lower rpms.

Minimaxx is mostly an rpm adjustment, but it affects fueling to a point

Eighty_six

Reaction score
Thanks buds! The search feature on the forum is kind of junk. You get tons of non related stuff to Wade through even if your search is very specific. I have learned a lot from browsing and searching, and my question seemed on track with the thread and helpful to the OP.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Bumper

Reaction score
Do you have a fuel heater in your fuel filter head ? I do in my truck it was leaking around the oring , i also removed the shrader valve and intstalled a pipe plug , i have no starting issues now

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks buds! The search feature on the forum is kind of junk. You get tons of non related stuff to Wade through even if your search is very specific. I have learned a lot from browsing and searching, and my question seemed on track with the thread and helpful to the OP.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Put this into a google search window:
"site:https://www.oilburners.net/threads/"
And after it, put a space and whatever words you'd like to search. That will do all the hard parts of searching that OBN can't handle. I've been doing that for years on FTE.

Or just use google and type whatever you want, but don't forget the word "IDI". You'll get more sweet info than you can shake a stick at. You'll also get a LOT of outdated info that is not true and has been proven over and over by the good people on FTE and OBN. So be careful what you believe. But for tech, how-to's, specs, hard starts, fuel leaks, oil leaks, etc... tons of good reading.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance