Need a flex plate

HiHorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking for a flex plate for my 94 turbo engine (putting an auto trans in) and figured I would start here. Thought one of you may have one to sell. Parts interchange says it is different for the turbo engine vs. non turbo. I am unaware of any difference. Thanks

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will need the special little spacer that goes in it also. And the bolts. I have 2 sets of e4od flex plate, spacer, and bolts. Pm me.

I would not be aware of any difference between turbo and n/a. Anyone else chime in on this?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
You can use the old flex/flywheel. It will work in place of the late stamped part.

The stamped flexplate came out in 93 as a replacement for the flex/flywheel. It was used on both turbo and N/A blocks.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
turbo motors do have a specific flexplate. dunno if it has anything to do with the heavier piston and rods.
can post pics later.

HiHorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I have purchased the engine without a transmission, so the flexplate or flywheel with spacers and hardware was already gone.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, mine is off a n/a motor, that had a banks turbo on it. So I don't know if it would work for you, but I sent you back a pm. Anyone know the part # that would fit a turbo motor?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Besides the flex plate, you also need the reinforceing plate/washer that goes outside the plate under the bolt heads, plus the specialy hardened bolts.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 2 complete sets of these. One of the flex plates is a little rusty, but will clean up nice. I think hihorse is considering buying one complete set, plate, bolts, hardened bolt plate and spacer. I have another one if anyone needs it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Really most of the above postings are correct.. Please call Brian at Brians Truck Shop... BTS in leadhill Arkansas. He builds the best E4OD trans available plus he makes the spacers that are no longer available. He sells the stamped late model flexplates with the gear welded to them. BTW the special bolts can still be bought from Ford and they require a thread sealant or the oil leaks out of the crank threaded holes. The torque on those bolts is 47 lbs. Sounds like this forum has lots of these wheels in both types too.. Thats rare. I think I have two of the heavy cast iron wheels for the auto trans...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle