Need a 2" thingamabob

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Mel,
Just use some exhaust pipe and braze a fitting onto it. I had the plumbing set up on the Ranger and I got away without flaring or nipplizing the ends of the pipe and I even cooked an engine in the earlier stages of its' V-8 life.
The clamps provided enough hold that the radiator cap took care of the rest.
That was at temps of 260 degrees. Plus how easy do them hoses come off after they have been on there for awhile.
IIRC, the hose id on them is like 1 7/8" as I hacked one up to use for the newer style Banks turbo hat and it was a wee bit small for the 2" ports.

I can do some checking with my NAPA guys tomorrow since they're getting heavy into track and off road vehicles as well. They might have just what ya need.;Sweet

I'll let ya know what I come up with.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Parker makes a 2" suction hose splice, part number 8888-32-32, should have a big section in the center that would be pretty easy to drill and tap.

R. J.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Parker thing won't work. I'd need a 2" (or perhaps now 1-7/8" as Ron has revealed) O.D. The Exhaust pipe idea is good, but I really want a lip on it. Devlish, I think you may have said what you wanted to say backwards. I'm not using a manual switch. If I can find a good piece of Alluminum I may just make my own billet.

discbrks

Reaction score
What about getting a rad shop to remove the bottom tank, take out trans oil cooler, then reinstall tank. That will give you 2 threaded ports at the bottom of the rad.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulling the rad is not an option for me right now. Just don't have the time or desire so close to the rally. :rolleyes:

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well if you need 1 7/8 od wont the one you linked to work? its 1 3/4 id so there should be at least 1/8 inch there in thickness.. or am i missing something?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Na. I had it in my hand. It's real thin. The OD wasn't near enough.

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would of thought it be thicker. have any race shops in your area, id try them too. if you do go with exhaust tubing, get the kind that will NOT rust. the ******* owner of my rx7 before me decided to use exhaust tubing to run between top rad outlet to engine inlet and when i took it off it was rusty..wasnt on there that long either.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Parker thing won't work. I'd need a 2" (or perhaps now 1-7/8" as Ron has revealed) O.D. The Exhaust pipe idea is good, but I really want a lip on it. Devlish, I think you may have said what you wanted to say backwards. I'm not using a manual switch. If I can find a good piece of Alluminum I may just make my own billet.

Hydraulic hoses are sized by inside diameter, so a -32 (2") hose nipple does in fact have a 2 inch outside diameter. I know you want to buy something ready made, but I think it's going to be difficult in that large of a size, although I can't believe how many people offer it in 1 1/2" and smaller. I know Eastwood sells a tubinig beader, but I think you'd be better off welding a bead on something with a heavier wall. I have a feeling you are after something nicer as your rig is a cherry;Sweet .

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nevermind, I now see you need a fitting for a two inch od hose, which would in fact be smaller.

Going back to work now, wish I was back East for the rally, take lots of pictures.

R. J.