N. Fla. Sunday Potluck & Diesel Social

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
If this becomes an annual thing, I'll make it next year. But it's kinda short notice for what sounds like a 6-8 hr drive for me. Ever since I lost my only IDI friend here to the dark side last month (he bought a 94 Cummins Dodge) I seriously don't know anyone around here to have IDI fun with. So lonely. :(

Any way, hope ya'll get a good turnout!

Smolkin, meet Dieselgiant... Dieselgiant, meet Smolkin... You guys live less than 40 miles from each other. There's no need for Grond to be lonely, maybe yall can arrange a play date for the two of them:D

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As nice as it would be to have a meet in december, its a pretty busy and hectic month. With a little more time we may be able to put together something fairly decent sized..

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Bumpity umpity to keep it in front of thee.... FLORIDA PEOPLE!! HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YOUR MEAT?!?!? I KNOW THERE ARE MORE THAN THREE OF US!!

And the reason why i said for those of us on the other side of the state. I didn't chime in with the original three since i think i am the furthest south of what i can see. I guess once i get that lovely 38 gal rear fuel tank in and i fill up with WVO i can get there and back no prob.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys I'm up for it, but March is probably going to be better for me as well. I hope to see Flareside thun, Gus, and Billy sooner though. As of now we're definitely showing enough people for a FL rally, could be big, could be a really great time. We just need to pick an awesome location.

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
MARCH!! Winner by a landslide! OK, great.. That'll give us plenty of time to figure out a really good place to have it.

@Billy- I picked up the stuff today to build your heater unit with the pressure gauge, and I'll try to get another oil pump tomorrow to mod for your system- It's gonna be nicer than mine...

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet. I can't wait to start burnin wmo again. One of the reasons I stopped ia because I didn't have an easy way to pump it around. I have a couple motors to choose from out of some band saws im scraping. Just let me know when ya want to get together and ill shoot that way. Also let me know how much I owe ya.

With it being in march it will give me time to fix some if the things I've been putting off like tires, turbo motor, kingpins ext.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Billy, you gonna get a full blown moose pump for that turbo motor or what? I may be interested in the baby moose ya got now.

Anyone opposed to a weekend camping GTG and maybe a little IDI trailride?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure yet lol. My spare turbo pump runs just as good as my baby moose at the moment anyway but thats probably cover from the turbo. I have access to a camper needed but I don't know how many others do. Plus we still have to find a place to meet yet.

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just got home back from Miami and I see the meeting will be held on March. Well it's Ok with me too. Winter is also kind of crazy here planting, preparing the fields for wheat and oats that will be planted late December, covering and uncovering rows of different crops every time we have a frost and I'm busy with a lot of work in my cabinet shop, building a new greenhouse and last week I took the engine out of the farm truck to remove the heads and take out two glow plugs that I broke while trying to take them out and put new BERU glow plugs back.

Biofarmer93 I have to go to Jacksonville (I-10 and Lane) by the end of the week, I'll let you know a couple days before. If it's not too far from you I can stop by and meet you.

Burt.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I'm not sure yet lol. My spare turbo pump runs just as good as my baby moose at the moment anyway but thats probably cover from the turbo. I have access to a camper needed but I don't know how many others do. Plus we still have to find a place to meet yet.

I just gotta throw my topper back on the truck and throw my roof rack on and my tent sits up in there. Hopefully i'll have my 4wd conversion done by then. can ya still ride up in Ocala national forest?