N. Fla. Sunday Potluck & Diesel Social

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
After Thanksgiving but before Christmas- Now that the weather has become bearable again and the season of family, brotherhood and togetherness is upon us, let us decide by the Sunday after Thanksgiving on a location. In fairness, this location should be as central as possible to the most possible based on who is going to attend. Wives, girlfriends, youngins' & dogs are encouraged to participate. Potluck means everybody brings something they cooked- no weaseling out just bringin' chips and napkins! Other than eatin' and BS'n, I need suggestions on some kind of group activity (perhaps based on where this ends up happening). What say ye, Florida Brethren?

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
I'm going to Miami Beach Thursday morning. We'll be with son, grandchildren and family on Thanksgiving. Planning to come back Sunday afternoon. Too bad if that's the day you guys are going to meet. If it's the following Sunday, December 5th, I can go. I can bring something with potatoes and vegetables from our farm.

Burt.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We need a weekor so to figure out where to have it at. I've got a big pasture here that we could use. Im sure we can figure something out. We just need suggestions.

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
I'm going to Miami Beach Thursday morning. We'll be with son, grandchildren and family on Thanksgiving. Planning to come back Sunday afternoon. Too bad if that's the day you guys are going to meet. If it's the following Sunday, December 5th, I can go. I can bring something with potatoes and vegetables from our farm.

Burt.

Hey Burt,
-we need to find out by the 28th. who all is interested in coming out on a Sunday & which Sunday. This way folks can have a little time to plan & figure out if they can make it- and if they can then we can figure a location thats not too much of a Sunday drive for anyone.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
well I'm in lake county....not too far away from Longessst.......about 45 mins to an hour from Billy and 2 hours south of JD...that's about all my input. If we can come up with a plan a bit in advance and on a Sunday I'm sure Biggin92 would go too.

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
Hey Burt,
-we need to find out by the 28th. who all is interested in coming out on a Sunday & which Sunday. This way folks can have a little time to plan & figure out if they can make it- and if they can then we can figure a location thats not too much of a Sunday drive for anyone.

Great! I really would like to go and meet you guys. It will help to have an idea how many people will be there to prepare enough food.

Burt.

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Bumpity umpity to keep it in front of thee.... FLORIDA PEOPLE!! HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YOUR MEAT?!?!? I KNOW THERE ARE MORE THAN THREE OF US!!

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
If this becomes an annual thing, I'll make it next year. But it's kinda short notice for what sounds like a 6-8 hr drive for me. Ever since I lost my only IDI friend here to the dark side last month (he bought a 94 Cummins Dodge) I seriously don't know anyone around here to have IDI fun with. So lonely. :(

Any way, hope ya'll get a good turnout!

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Well for those of us in the OTHER end of the state.

Yes sir? That was a great start to a sentence, so don't be shy, go ahead and finish it. I know Boca's a haul, but the location is gonna depend on the people that have to drive the farthest, so if you commit to attending then your location gets established as a perimeter point and redefines the event location via average drive distance (actually pulling it a little closer to where most folks will be hailing from). So far Burtcheca is the farthest Northwest and (if you commit) you'll be the farthest Southeast, which makes Cape Canaveral/Titusville equidistant from you guys... Anybody up for a tour of the Cape?