Mystery part

Scotchneat

Reaction score
Hi all
Recently bought a mostly rust free 92 f250 7.3 na 4x4 zf5 single cab long bed new to diesels and this forum
I am going though it end to end fluids belts etc while looking at the glow plugs found the harness was deteriorating so ordered a replacement while taking the harness cover apart I found a small cube relay or temp sensor floating right near the radiator hose as it leaves the block has 4 wires flat 4 pin configuration
And a melted hole in the bottom , I can’t seem to place it on the schematics I’m looking at
what is it called? What does it do? where can I get a replacement?
I think it’s still functioning as the truck starts easily and everything seems to work

Thanks for any help

Attachments

• F5EF8BC9-1FD7-496A-85EA-5DF0B90B0FB9.jpeg
    F5EF8BC9-1FD7-496A-85EA-5DF0B90B0FB9.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 30

okie

Reaction score
If you can get a # off it google that with some key words like relay. Also use a part store webpage to search all available relays for your truck and get a visual match. I find a lot with these options usually

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the water in fuel light module. I could look up the part number if you can't find it. I just got rid of it because the sensor was gone on mine.

Scotchneat

Reaction score
Mystery solved water in fuel relay scraped the side 1811164C2 appeared. I think I’ll just RTV the hole shut and put it back
Thanks for the help!
Here’s to the best diesel forum on the web
Cheers from the heart of the beautiful Cumberland valley
Carlisle PA

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 12