my truck is screwed help

onus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my fuel pump thinking that was the problem. Fuel filter is only 2 months old. Truck runs a little than just dies chuggs.

Fuel shutoff solonoied? Ip is only 3 years old.

Seems to run fine in the morning and my entire way to college this morning.

onus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see any air intrusion problems. The fuel is just under half a tank. I know my pickup shower-head is broke but at this fuel level it is never a problem.

Some more back story. I drove it over a half hour this morning at highway speeds no problem, after it sitting over night. Its when i try to leave college that it acts up.

IP is 25,000 miles old.

Last edited:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
If the shower head is known broken, I'd suspect chunks of it getting lodged up into the FSV restricting fuel delivery. May want to check to see what your fuel output volume is doing.

onus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing getting lodged as far as i know. Though I'm sure it would be good to check at some point.

Did some testing. It is the fss. I'll be getting a new one. Pour water on it and the truck runs like a top. When it heats up again runs like crap.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
That problem is not the FSS, those symptoms are indicative of a bad injection pump. 25k miles or not, you're due for another....

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Geez, from the thread heading, I thought the truck got rear ended by a Chevy or Dodge , like Dodge it or Ram it. Glad it's only an IP problem. Throw a gallon of ATF in the tank, see if that helps.

onus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try that. I don't really look forward to having to replace the ip already.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, HOLD ON HERE! Something doesn't check out. Let's examine the facts that you have presented.

Runs fine when it runs.
Fails to start when left OVERNIGHT.
You solve this problem by pouring water on the IP.

So lets see, your pouring cool water on a cool IP. Is this correct? Because before you went down this road, it sounded to me like a typical air intrusion problem. Which, by the way guys, air intrustion comes from leaky return lines, not air coming in with the fuel. When that happens, it runs like crap ALL the time.

So something is being left out here. Let's find out what it is?

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
Do you try to crank it, then pour water on the ip, then crank again? This could still be air intrusion, you'd just be fooling yourself by pouring water on the IP, Also if this is the case, it could be what mine did, one of the wires from the solenoid to the GP relay was *****'d and I had to 'click' the key 2-3 times to start it.

Black dawg

Reaction score
please describe your trucks symptoms in order from first start of the day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828