My Super Sucker in Action

wmoguy

Reaction score
I've had quite a few people PM me about my super sucker, how it works, etc.... I ended up using the Super Sucker for a different use tonight as my transfer pump on my transfer tank crapped out on me. I needed a way to remove WMO fuel from the transfer tank to put in my pickup fuel tanks. So I used the super sucker to remove fuel, pump it back into my centrifuge barrel, so I could pump it into my pickup tank. Kind of a laborious process and abnormal use, but it served as a good chance to shoot some video of this thing in action.

Sorry, I broke it up into 3 separate videos to keep it from getting boring with long wait times between the next step in the process.

Video 1: Super Sucker being charged up to collect fuel

http://youtu.be/owZqty_FU_w

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for showing us how your super sucker works that is a slick unit!

JOHN

wmoguy

Reaction score
Thanks for showing us how your super sucker works that is a slick unit!

JOHN

You bet!

One piece of advice for anyone that decides to build one. If I were doing it over again, I'd use something smaller than 1" ID hose. This size hose is nice because it moves a large volume of oil quickly. The downside is that it's probably in excess of 115lbs of hose weight alone. The tank and hose alone is probably around 150 lbs w/o oil in it. Given the shape of the tank, its a real PITA to get out of my pickup bed empty. Between the weight, and it's akward shape to lift, that is an annoyance in my book.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would it be posible to use the vaccum pump on the truck for your super sucker?

wmoguy

Reaction score

great question, and I really dont know. If it can suck down to a solid 20" of vacuum, and you could make the right adapters for the air connections I wouldn't see why it wouldnt work?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score

according to the other videos that i researched out the answer is yes, i plan on trying this for my setup. guys just run a hose tapped into their brake vacuum line to their trunk or bed tank and by the time they get there they are ready to go. when i get home i have my compressor to push it back out.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it would be needed but if there is a special fitting that you would need to tap into the vacuum pump I am a machinist and can make what ever would be needed. If you need something just let me know.

WilltheThrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great video, I feel allot better about my super sucker now, its not as good as yours but it has potential.

WilltheThrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also need to get the vacuum pump I screwed my little cheap compressor sucking from the breather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitsu tractor

Members online