My options, and your opinions.

Far Right

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t even think them old diesel f-trucks came into this country I think we only had the petrol ones, I could be well wrong,

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey hey well there’s a new hobby for ya, go brew some nice beer!! U be a rare find here in Australia mate,
Ha! 16yrs ago I met Jesus Christ in a big way. Up to that point I was pretty much stoned and drunk most all the time, Jesus changed my life and I have no want, need , or desire to be out of my head for any reason. Look up a guy named Ray Comfort, he's an Australian, loves Jesus, preaches, etc. Better than that though, there's a South African farmer named Angus Buchan, there's a documentary called "God's Farmer" that's really good. They made a movie about him "Faith like Potatoes".

Far Right

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah ok mate, no offence intended but after deployment in the Middle East all my god questions have well been answered, them poor people are the most devoted religious people Ive come across and their god has taken a huge **** on them, (insanely twisted religion that one) but hey each too there own. As far as being sober goes well what ever makes ya life move forward in a positive way I’m all for. Some people shouldn’t drink. You should try visit one of our indigenous communities in northern Australia when their necking a few back. There pretty special on the beers them folks,

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah ok mate, no offence intended but after deployment in the Middle East all my god questions have well been answered, them poor people are the most devoted religious people Ive come across and their god has taken a huge **** on them, (insanely twisted religion that one) but hey each too there own. As far as being sober goes well what ever makes ya life move forward in a positive way I’m all for. Some people shouldn’t drink. You should try visit one of our indigenous communities in northern Australia when their necking a few back. There pretty special on the beers them folks,
No offense whatsoever, mate! Seriously, check out Angus Buchan. Knowing Jesus ain't religion, it's relationship.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
But these Navistar IDI engines are very salvageable, and worth salvaging. The only thing worth saving on a older Chevy diesel is the DB2 injection pump.

Just keep in mind, the 6.2/5 GM diesel does have a DB2, but the will not work on an IH/Ford 6.9/7.3. They have a different mount, and they turn the other way. The GM crank turns the opposite way of an IH/Ford….

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@PossumTruck @Jesus Freak

He blames the melted pistons on the previous owner :rolleyes:, but have you seen the way he pilots those mowers up the ditches there in FL??

Manifolds glowing red, steaming to high Heaven, Brick on the go-pedal, laughing and carrying on......Youtube doesn't lie :bsI have no clue what kind of brew he mixes up for those things!!! haha!!! JK!!!

In all honesty, don't you have 1 or 2 more idi's you can drive while you figure out what to do with your DD?

And I am sorry your engine went caput!!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
The GM crank turns the opposite way of an IH/Ford….
I don't think that they do. They use a timing chain which makes the cam turn the same direction as the crank. Ours use gears which means that the cam turns opposite of the crank so the pump turns the opposite of the cam or the same direction as the crank does.
No one under 40 is really interested in these things.
Wesley Morris and LaineD are both under 30 and they are very interested in these engines. Dane Rickford is under 30 as well even though he isn't very active on here anymore. I'm sure that there's others as well. I just can't think of them off the top of my head.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think that they do. They use a timing chain which makes the cam turn the same direction as the crank. Ours use gears which means that the cam turns opposite of the crank so the pump turns the opposite of the cam or the same direction as the crank does.

That may very well be the case, if the crank and cam uses a chain and the drive the pump off the cam, that would make sense

A Ford the crank and pump turn the same direction, because the crank gear drives the cam the other direction, and the cam gear changes the direction again for the pump…

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
They do. For what it's worth, they do use a double roller timing chain, but that still isn't as good as gear to gear drive. They also use a hex shaft to drive the oil pump like an older style gas engine does. examples are a SBC and the Windsor series Ford engines.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In all honesty, don't you have 1 or 2 more idi's you can drive while you figure out what to do with your DD?

And I am sorry your engine went caput!!
No worries, and yes I'm driving my WMO powered IDI tow truck in the interim. It cool, but it ain't a truck.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just keep in mind, the 6.2/5 GM diesel does have a DB2, but the will not work on an IH/Ford 6.9/7.3. They have a different mount, and they turn the other way. The GM crank turns the opposite way of an IH/Ford….
I don't know much about it, but a DB2 on a Chevy, Ford, JD, IH tractor, Oliver, or even finagled into chicken wire to keep a raccoon out of the hen house is better than a 4 bolt main 350.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wesley Morris and LaineD are both under 30 and they are very interested in these engines. Dane Rickford is under 30 as well even though he isn't very active on here anymore. I'm sure that there's others as well. I just can't think of them off the top of my head.
I know there's a few, I should have left wiggle room in my statement. Where I live, I don't know anyone between the age of 0 and 105 that cares for these engines.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VWAudiFord

Members online