My New Intake Idea

tknomaj

Reaction score
Yes, thats what intercoolers are for.

What if You pulled in cold air prior to compression in the turbo would not the pressurized air going into intercooler be lower in temp and have a larger temp drop? Hot air from under a hood does not HP make. Put a thermocouple where your filter will be located and drive your truck for one hour and watch the temp where this clean cold air suppose to be coming from? a good multimeter and temp probe works fine. then get back to me on this

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
In Other words....why stop with just an intercooler? Make it a true CAI, not just a big air filter mounted under the hood...More denser = more power = more happy = permanent smile.

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is mine pieced together with 2 dif photos......

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

I also run a prefilter from outerwares.... I will say this, you can literally hear the dif of the amount of air it is getting compared to the stock banks deal.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Well, either right behind the core support where the 6.9 air inlet tube connects (with a metal box built around it) or create some kind of inline filter setup and run a cowl intake.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am keeping my banks filter setup when I pipe my intercooler(pics should be up by end of the week). I will also try to route the air tube to a colder place. The filter is still under the hood but if the tube is routed somewhere cold, I'm good.

mrbison

Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question but I'm a newb... I've seen some filters put in air boxes - doesn't this significantly reduce air flow into the filter? I guess the box is to keep the filter cleaner longer?

I want to put in an intake with a large filter like you guys. Is it better to have the filter up by the grill where air is coming in or does it really matter? (I don't have a turbo)

How do you guys attach the PVC to where the factory filter would normally sit?

Sorry, not trying to hijack any threads - just curious:D

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
if you search out moose air this has been done before. i like pennslyvanias set up, i might have to copy that:D

that way i do not have to relocate my group 31 batteries

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you search out moose air this has been done before. i like pennslyvanias set up, i might have to copy that:D

that way i do not have to relocate my group 31 batteries

You will have to relocate youwasher bottle and your overflow tank. But its not too hard to accomplish.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question but I'm a newb... I've seen some filters put in air boxes - doesn't this significantly reduce air flow into the filter? I guess the box is to keep the filter cleaner longer?

I want to put in an intake with a large filter like you guys. Is it better to have the filter up by the grill where air is coming in or does it really matter? (I don't have a turbo)

How do you guys attach the PVC to where the factory filter would normally sit?

Sorry, not trying to hijack any threads - just curious:D

Search for the cowl intake on this forum.

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
Go with the 6637, bigger filter means more surface area causing the filter to last longer and perform better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726