My New Exhaust

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry lost the sound files, and then sold the truck. The following observations hold true though(edited 2/2011).

Some observations on the exhaust:
It's a decent setup, but one could put together something using exhaust pieces from rock auto or another vendor much cheaper. If I had it to do again, that's what I'd do. The clamps that came with the system leaked, so I had it welded for $70. That included a fabbed tailpipe hanger because the dynomax one didn't work. It sounds good, like a big block gasser. For me though, it is too loud because I have 4:10 gears and a C6 3 speed, so I'm always at high rpms, especially on the highway. So I think one could get similar results for cheaper.
Keep on trucking,
Peter A.

Last edited:

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so napa sells 4 inch tailpipes? i am assuming they sell 4 inch straight pipe also.

I have the 4" over the axle pipe from NAPA, got 4" pipe from muffler shop all the way to my 3" down pipe, no muffler, not loud, lowered my EGT by 200 degrees, while I was rebuilding my heads a month ago I even turned my IP more. From a 3" up to the 4" was a big difference in preformance and made the truck quiter. The whole deal installed was like $120.