My New Exhaust

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are both similar in merge areas. The Dynomax is a 2 piece, while the autojet is 1. In any case, I don't think you're gonna find a y-pipe with the angles you show in your link. From what I've seen, they all use a less than ideal angle when joining the right manifold bank to the left. The difference with the aftermarket is pipe diameter and smoothness of bends. FWIW, I believe that autojet makes an exhaust system to go along with their y-pipe. Personally, I've only used the y-pipe, but it was a well made piece (this was a couple of years back.)

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you're right, Autojet does offer a complete exhaust system indeed. As for the Y-pipe merge, I was looking at my current setup, and I believe that a Flowmaster collector can easily be incorporated - after leaving the manifold, the passenger-side pipe bends down to meet the pipe coming from the driver side, if instead it goes straight back it looks like it will meet the other pipe at an angle very suitable for the Flowmaster collector, I gotta crawl under there one of these days and see if such a setup will interfere with the cab's floorboard... Then there's always the Cherry Bomb Vortech di-so muffler, I used one of these in my old big-block 4x4 and it worked out real nice, it took two 2.5" pipes and merged them into a single 3", which is what I'm looking for anyways. Again tho, it may or may not fit under the cab, more investigation and measuring is needed.

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I've been real busy with school(finals coming up), and having a hard time getting ahold of a decent camcorder to use. Will try to get the clips next week.

tractorman86

Reaction score
i've thought about using that same flowmaster y-pipe, just cant justafy doing it and just scrapping it when i do my turbo.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, but I ain't going turbo any time soon, and I don't tow, so the cost justification of a turbo kit don't really happen for me. The y-pipe is good, but with the stack I get like 20mpg on the freeway already, and I don't think I can do much better than that, so the cost of the y-pipe and the 3" piping and all the fab work - nah, it ain't worth much in my situation either.

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the continued delays guys. I've recorded the videos, I just don't have access to a computer with a connection greater than 56k. I can't make any promises, but I may be able to upload everything Sunday.