My kids new wheels not a ford

Oldschool280

Reaction score
Just had to share as we are excited. Found this in a junkyard, jr is 15 so in my opinion is was time, little love and we are on our way!

You must be registered for see images attach

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't either. Why was it junked in the first place?

Looking at it more, I think the diamond plate step ruins it for me.

Fixnstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is it and what engine does it have?
Do you know what's wrong with it yet?
Very nice truck for a young man at 15! And 4WD TOO! I hope he doesn't get into beating it up too much "off-roading." It's not really the right vehicle for that kind of abuse.

My first car at age 15 ( 1965) was a 1952 Chrysler DeSoto with a flat-head 6 that had an automatic transmission WITH A CLUTCH PEDAL. $50. My dad advised me against it. He was right. The engine threw a rod on the highway a few weeks later and I just left it there on the side of the road.
MY second vehicle was a GOOD ONE. 1957 Ford Fairlane, 4 door. 292 cu. in. V8, cost: $35.00 and I drove the heck out of that car for a long time, in Iowa and Illinois. It was an excellent running car and of course I drove it like a hot-rod. Only had to replace worn out tires that went flat, with other cheap, almost worn out tires. Gas was about $0.35/gal. back in those days and with frequent "Gas Wars" (price competition between gas stations) it got down to 28 cents per gallon. It wasn't uncommon among myself and friends to pull into a gas station and buy like 67 cents worth of gas to cruise the main avenue for awhile longer

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From experience I can say otherwise. Lol I had a 92 z71. 5.7/5 speed.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Agreed. They do quite well when properly equipped.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
The 99 Silverado 1500 someone I knew had, what a piece of junk that truck was. It had lower miles than my 99 F150 (the direct competition: both extended cabs, very similar tan color, and both stepside beds even) and yet her truck's tail pipes rusted and fell off, the window motors died, her transmission was slipping, brakes were bad, it rattled like it was falling apart when going down the road. And she had it since new. I got mine used from a dealer when it was about 11 years old. I suspect a lot of the problem is her not taking care of it, but still. My F150 was like new with higher miles.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good trucks I have a 95 heavy half that I use to haul wood hay and just beat on I swear that old tbi 350 is about as bullet proof as they ever came mine has seen hrs of red line and neutral drops and rocking to get un stuck or someone else unstuck

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 99 Silverado 1500 someone I knew had, what a piece of junk that truck was.

Was that the next body style though? It seems like every time they redesigned the trucks kept getting junkier. I know the new more rounded style started in 99 but there were some carryover trucks with the old style.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Was that the next body style though? It seems like every time they redesigned the trucks kept getting junkier. I know the new more rounded style started in 99 but there were some carryover trucks with the old style.

Yes, it was the next generation. They changed it somewhere around the late 90s like Ford did.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online