My first attempt at a decent paint job

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Not bad for a first time. Now for some CONSTRUCTIVE critisism . Take your antenna off,wipers off,and cab lights off. And take you bed off so you dont get a rough, spot between the bed and the cab. Are your door jams going to stay yellow?

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was my rattle can after the Duplicolor Paint shop left such a bad taste in my mouth.

Duplicolor Rattle can, FTW.

You must be registered for see images attach

all I did was the flare, bumpers and rocker panels, from the body line down, this was buffed and sanded lightly, notice the depth of the rattle against the factory door.

So great gloss can be achieved (that was Aug/Sep of '08, truck still looked that shiny when it sold 7/09) with a little rub...

Whole truck, rattled flares, and bumper cover int he front.

white specks are dust, point of this pic was the reflection of my hand holding the Blackberry.

None of this was ******* on your truck, just showing you what can be accomplished if you tackle that with say 1200, and a Chicago Electric (don't laugh, that is my back up to my Makita) medium polishing compound (Turtle wax, in the Green squeeze bottle) (don't laugh, I like it as well as I like Norton liquid ice, one is $7 for 16 oz, and the other is $30 for 32 oz) can turn that stripe into.