My clock works

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Well the clock on E3 wasn't at the correct time and pressing the buttons nicely it didn't respond but after a bit of wiggling them I got the clock reset, the date set and the e-time (elapsed time) reset.... so I guess I will be pulling it out and cleaning the connections on the buttons. I figured it was old and corroded and by wiggling the buttons while pushing on them made them work (the two to the right of the display) but either way I'm happy at the moment....

yes it's the little things in life....

I guess the e-time if for when you want to do lap times or something.... :rotflmao I guess I could use it for timing how long I have held in the manual glow plug switch....

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol mine is a few hours off and i can't get the damn thing to change the time or do anything actually.

PackRat239

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What usually goes wrong with those is the plastic warps in the heat and the buttons no longer actuate the contacts. Usually the contacts are fine. The manufacturer never planned for these things to last more than five years.

TronDD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can adjust my clock. Just can't see the display.

My clock is in the radio. Is it the same on the older trucks?

Tim.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I have 3 and am going to get one working some day. If you fix it
Please let us know your trick. :D

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine worked fine but the buttons did nothing; took the cover off of it and ran a little chunk of sandpaper in the contacts - now it works perfect.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You have a clock.. Well fine... My 89 has do clock... I'm without.. I feel horrible too... Must fix something... Need it bad...LOL:D Nice to be working on american iron again isn't it Trvis... Dig in.. Get dirty and enjoy the ride.. It never gets old working on these rigs.:thumbsup: