My Bio Diesel beginning

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
Here is my operation

Here are my processor, washer and dryer. The pre-filtered oil goes in the processor and lid is sealed with a clamp and vent tube run outside. The the methoxide is mixed in the white barrel with the paint mixer takes all of 5 min to disolve all the Naoh or KOH I used both. Then I heat the oil with the water heater elements installed in the barrel while curclating with pumps on. @ 120 deg I drop the sipon hose in the barrel and open the valve pulling mixture in the processor. I let it run for aleast 1 hour. Turn off pumps and heat. Then I let it settle for 8 to 10 hours min the longer the better. @ that point I pump it to the washer where I add water and muratic acid for the first wash and turn on the heater element to heat the wash water , this makes a diiference. The first wash is done with the spray head you see @ a very fine mist. Drain and fill for 2nd wash and use the spray head again. Then drain water and refill and this time I use the bubbler in the bottom of the tank controled by the regulator valve. Once the drain water is clear I pump it over to the dryer turn on the heat and start the air bubbler and it will be completely dry and golden brown in 1 to 2 hours. then drain through filter and store or burn.

Attachments

• DSC01135.JPG
    DSC01135.JPG
    488.4 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC01136.JPG
    DSC01136.JPG
    464.3 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC01137.JPG
    DSC01137.JPG
    802.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC01138.JPG
    DSC01138.JPG
    538.7 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC01139.JPG
    DSC01139.JPG
    235 KB · Views: 1

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
It is called bubble washing the air bubble carries a small amount of water with it as it rises to the top. Then the bubble pops the water falls through the fuel picking up any remaining soaps etc. This is a final wash process.

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
Kind of , mist washing is less violent so to say. The first wash will never be clear. Then the second should be almost clear by the end of the 3rd a bubble wash it should be clear. If you bubble wash the first time an emulsion will result most of the time. However bubble washing produces a very fine polished product so to say.

TEXCRAWLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. Got the drier setup. Got a heating element and put it in the side of a 55 drum and lots of bubles from the bottom to the top. works great to dry the final product.

TEXCRAWLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THE LATEST!!!

This is a pic of my wash barrels w/material in them after I drained the glycerin out.
You must be registered for see images

This is what it looks like washed.

This is my drying tank. I bring the temp up to 150* and air bubbles comming from the bottom for 2 hrs. Then it is dry ready to put in the truck as fuel.

55 gallons ready to go!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726