My Bio Diesel beginning

TEXCRAWLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Making America hungry. Getting started on my BIO Diesel operation. I'm doing the apple seed process. Everyone driving behind me is gona get hungry. Gona be able to make it for $1.17 a gallon.

75 Gallon water heater
You must be registered for see images

55 gallon drum of methonal

pump

Plumming is gona look like this

Getting my piping and pump setup and should be making Bio Diesel by the weekend.

Cooked up my 1st test bach to test my PH levels

My setup ETA 1st bach this weekend

More to come!!

TEXCRAWLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the barrels that I using in the process are polyurithane. Should they be grounded as well as my holding tanks for biodiesel?

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
I started that way but found out real quick a water heater was not the way to go. If you let it settle the way you should the gylcerin will start to harden up and you will never get it out of the tank. I used 3 55 gal drums with removable tops. Processor , washer, and dryer. It is pretty elaborate to hard to explain in words. But I will snap some pics. and post.

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
Dude I just saw that is a GAS water heater DON"T use it!!!!!! The methanol vapors can and will esacpe a open flame in the heater is a absolute NO NO! It can and has happened and will blow up or catch and mad fire. Only use electric heating.

Last edited:

TEXCRAWLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude I just saw that is a GAS water heater DON"T use it!!!!!! The methanol vapors can and will esacpe a open flame in the heater is a absolute NO NO! It can and has happened and will blow up or catch and mad fire. Only use electric heating.

I replied to your PM. NO methanol nere open flames. Its in a seperate area out of that building. I have a 55 gallon electric water heater I'm tryin to get. I wish there was a way to convert this one to electric. I'm tryin to keep it as safe as possible.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
My current processor is gas not sure if I'm going to use it that way or not? someone suggested turning it upside down and using the flue for a condesor of sorts to reclaim the methanol? I'm going to use solar to heat the oil to its hotest point then maybe a small electric heater?

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
The methanol fumes are going to come from the processing of the oil. Not your barrel. I am talking about what you add to the batch in the processor to make the fuel when you heat it it evaporates and no matter how closed you think it is it is not. You never use a gas heater for that reason.

TEXCRAWLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what it looked like when I put it in for processing.

This is my final Biodiesel and ready to put in truck.

TEXCRAWLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what my complete setup looks like.

TEXCRAWLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have went a bit over board but this chit can mess you up. Always work safe and responsibly. Next is gona be the fire suit.

Attachments

• methlabcooker.jpg
    methlabcooker.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Are there still sources of WVO here? When I had to put my project on hold I quit looking...probably cost me $5000 or more in fuel since then :puke:

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
Your filters need to be for methanol and or alcohol vapors, a standard organic vapor filter will not work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726