My Big Blue Ox build....

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good Al. It sets pretty level. Did you swap the rear blocks already?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope rear blocks go in when I swap a matching 4.10 rear gear set. Probably do the ZF zwap first a d prep the diff in mean time.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Decided not to reuse stock bumper...figured this was more appropriate to a diesel 4x without sagged out baked chicken wing....

Now to get the 12,000 lb one in the frame instead of the 8k in there.

Dont worry boys PTO winch on front in due time....in due time.

Or build the rear setup for the 12K both are the same electric winch so thats a big bonus.

You must be registered for see images attach

I will cut some channel and add side extensions pronto....stay tuned.

Next is wiring up the winch....not hard at all connect two cables to battery buwa ha ha...but I may change out to 2 or 3 aught cable for power and ground.

Lights will be wired once I finalize some of the sides of the unit.

This bumper though heavy actually improved steering and handling on the F350 b6 tieing the two frame horns together in a solid fashion. It really made a difference to handling.

Thanks for looking

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok spoke to Fred at Wislon Porter.

He took the time and searched out details of my engine.

For starters it came from a 94 E350 van with over 800,000 KM on it. It was an armored car service who had extremely strict maintanence for trucks.

Engine was remanned and set on shop fllor as long block and sold to who had my crippled hippo. I or around late 04 early 05

Block is....sleeved on all 8 cyl and std bore.
New cam earings and cam and lifters
New mains and rod bearings of course

Heads have 8 new ex valves
16 new guides
I will check but think new springs too.

New IP and Injectors

So I will thoroughly clean and deburr block

See if I can get a cam....

Then open it reseal it and stud it. Might play in ports in head a wee bit who knows yet.

Thanks for looking

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of you know and some dont but this Super Cab has a 4" lift kit...a back seat lift kit....

That being said here are some shots of what it is like and how much room there is and how a fellow who is5'11" 230lbs sits in the back in moderate comfort.

Passengers side...notice how much gear I can fit under the seat with room to spare.

Also look close bottom left and see the lift bracket which is only 1 part of these kits.

Close up of lift bracket...

Here you can see how high the zeat back gets lifted up too

Brian in front Joe in back seat....ya tons of room for both....

Brian is a bit forward he coild have slid back a notch or two but no biggy he was comfy

These lifts are great. They lift the seat bottom and back rest...extend zeat belts too and you can still fold the two parts down flat like stock. Mine when folded is level with top of my console.

I might have a complete kit coming up for sale.....probably be in 225 dollar range...dunno yet.

K hope you see the advantage as I do.

Thanks for looking.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Those look better than the ones I had seen before. Think they were aluminum. Thing was not solid at all and made a ruckus over bumps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my hydroboost and pedal assembly off the Bronco. Tried to get the plate for clutch firewall reinforcement off...lol nope damn adhesive I used LOL

Thats ok heat should help me some. I am going to remove it clean and paint then install it in the Blue ox when I swap out the auto pedal assembly for a stamdard.

On a side note pedal swap will allow me to do another pedal comparisson...is time auto pedals...all I need is a bull nose auto to do the 3 body styles.

Once pedals come out so does the vacuum booster and in goes the Hydro.

Stay tuned...I need to locate a small spin on filter head to add into my system for cleaning power steering fluid and a small cooler too.

Thats about it for now....besides thinking of swapping brick fir obs clip...why...cause I can!

Thanks for looking.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just scrapped my pedal assembly off the bronco oops.

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bronco happens to be an auto at the moment.. the pedal assem will be coming out soon enough!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One small step closer to my std tranz swap.

Pulled back carpet removed C6 trans cover installed ZF cover..had a small plate alreadyade cover shifter hole.

Cut shifter hole in carpet tossed on the boot and mount...so it is in truck when I do swap.

Modded my hydro pedal down to std brake pedal. I HAD previously used a auto pedal for the larger brake pad...but with size 1r winter boots that became a pita to say the least.

Next is 10 L of TDH hydraulic fluid and some seafoqm and run seafoam in power steering for few days then I will swap out vacuum booster for the hydroboost and std pedal assembly all in one swoop.

I pried the clutch firewall reinforcement plate off my bronco qnd used the pressure wazher sandblaster to get it clean...now to prep for that install when do pedal swap...

That will make the truck all ready for a nice zf ...cqnt wait gain some mileage back.

Thanks for looking

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajuka

Staff online