Most Threads/posts? (Yay 6.9's)

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just happened to be looking around the site, and I noticed on the front page the list of the forums and the number of threads and posts, and I found this info curious...

No. of posts in the Lounge = 42,266
No. of posts in the 6.9 forum= 36,447
No. of posts in the 7.3P/s forum = 4,664

Wonder why we still call ourselves the "basement" ..?

6.9's rule!!

Zigg

;Poke :thumbsup: :D

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just happened to be looking around the site, and I noticed on the front page the list of the forums and the number of threads and posts, and I found this info curious...

No. of posts in the Lounge = 42,266
No. of posts in the 6.9 forum= 36,447
No. of posts in the 7.3P/s forum = 4,664

Wonder why we still call ourselves the "basement" ..?

6.9's rule!!

Zigg

;Poke :thumbsup: :D
zigg-
its because outside of our dark quarters down here at OB, noone knows about IDI's. Hell. there isn't a single advertiser who has seen the numbers and have taken advantage of our "burning wallets" yet either. Oh yea, the numbers are skewed too for the simple fact our sister site SDD tried to annex the basement and got bludgeoned to to death when they came downstairs to move us over to the new digs. :eek::rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao:D

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
due in part to a number of posts that could be elsewhere are here. It would be the busiest forum irregardless.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OB definitely found a niche, and saw a void and filled it. Considering the competition that exists for forum participants regarding current model trucks, and their tendancy to post for a few weeks and then go away, I think in this case "the meek will inherit the earth" as they say. I couldn't believe that I'm still the #2 poster over at TDS, and I haven't been posting over there consistently now for a couple of years. Which goes to show that the members they pick up do not consistently post. Travis is still #9. I'll only be pushed down the list eventually by the moderator, unless he gives up before then. The quest to keep old iron is a passion the younger pups with their newer trucks will never understand, and before they reach 1000 posts, their truck will blow up/die/be traded and they will just throw it away and get a new one, which will land them posting somewhere else.

94johnh

Reaction score
I kind of like being in the basement. But then I also take US-50 whenever I can and when using the online trip directions I ask for the shortest route.

Using the shortest rtoute wont get yoyu there as fast but you see some interesting places. on our last trip (this sept. ) did 4000 miles and the shortest
method only took us on 1 15 mile strech of gravel road the rest was some of the best country in see in a while. So as Mell says "quest to keep old iron "
[ed. Running]

john

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Agnem said:
OB definitely found a niche, and saw a void and filled it.

The quest to keep old iron is a passion the younger pups with their newer trucks will never understand, and before they reach 1000 posts, their truck will blow up/die/be traded and they will just throw it away and get a new one, which will land them posting somewhere else.

;Sweet ;Sweet
I concur.
It just goes to show that talking shop still wins over talking smack. :eek:

OB is the bees knees baby YAH!:thumbsup:

No disrespect to fellow powerstrokers tho.

Last edited:

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
Hey, we been callin the pre '97 forum over on f150online the basement too...

Shoot, I don't even have an IDI and spend more time in this section than any other diesel site.

Adrianspeeder

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
OB definitely found a niche, and saw a void and filled it. Considering the competition that exists for forum participants regarding current model trucks, and their tendancy to post for a few weeks and then go away, I think in this case "the meek will inherit the earth" as they say. I couldn't believe that I'm still the #2 poster over at TDS, and I haven't been posting over there consistently now for a couple of years. Which goes to show that the members they pick up do not consistently post. Travis is still #9. I'll only be pushed down the list eventually by the moderator, unless he gives up before then. The quest to keep old iron is a passion the younger pups with their newer trucks will never understand, and before they reach 1000 posts, their truck will blow up/die/be traded and they will just throw it away and get a new one, which will land them posting somewhere else.

I ventured over to TDS last weekend while this site was down. Got bored with it. Made a couple of posts, of which one was sensored (noticed some of you were there as well) had enough of that and went into OB DT's for the rest of the weekend. I also spend a lot of time READING over at Dieselplace for Duramax stuff. I don't post much over there though...too much **** retentivness going on. This forum is laid back, informative, and we give each other respect. No ripping you up for posting your question incorrectly or intentionally making someone feel stupid. I have lots of questions about my new truck, but I don't dare ask unless I want to get raked over the coals. Non of that going on here.:hail

Tom

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ventured over to TDS last weekend while this site was down. Got bored with it. Made a couple of posts, of which one was sensored (noticed some of you were there as well) had enough of that and went into OB DT's for the rest of the weekend. I also spend a lot of time READING over at Dieselplace for Duramax stuff. I don't post much over there though...too much **** retentivness going on. This forum is laid back, informative, and we give each other respect. No ripping you up for posting your question incorrectly or intentionally making someone feel stupid. I have lots of questions about my new truck, but I don't dare ask unless I want to get raked over the coals. Non of that going on here.:hail

Tom
tom-
you should check out the 6.2/6.5 section at DP. crossing the spoken word of the entrenched ones there will get you a ass chewing.cookoo As far as STD is concerned, yes I am still a member there, but I don't think i've posted in months. The IDI dept is definitely different now since penguinboy with the hot wife isn't moderating the basement anymore.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think he's even on the board there anymore, even though his name was still showing up as a mod. I sent him 2 PM's regarding his bed liner and he never answered either one. Kara. :love:

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
"penguinboy with the hot wife"
:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

If we all wouldn't get in trouble with our spouses, we could have our own hot wife contest.;Sweet

"Pictures of your hot wife posted all over the internet....priceless." Somehow I don't think that would go over too well...:backoff

Tom