More problems

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So today I put my new typ4 injectors in my truck that I got because I figured my injectors wher bad because of a knock and smoke. Well turns out 4 of the old investors leaked like crazy but it still smokes and ticks. Any idea what the cause is. I don't have the funds to rebuild the motor but if it needs a pump I will pay to have this one rebuilt as long as the tick/knock is an exhaust valve and not something major. Any ideas? And you can't tell in the video but the smoke is pretty thick and blue for the most part. And will randomly clear up for a couple seconds to a minute and then smoke again. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lyTigvdgv5k

runaway!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but crack the fuel lines on the injectors one at a time while the motor is running. If the tick clears up then you know which is suspect, but I'm not sure if that isolates if it is a fuel problem or not.

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not a fuel knock I already tried that. And the injectors are brand new typ4's so I'd hope they where good. Which they are.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats a valve noise. Now is it a bad valve or a rocker or a bent pushrod??? Could also be a flat roller lifter too. The blue smoke is bad valve seals. Why is the driveshaft down...

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no tranny or transfer case in it. I'm putting a 4 speed in and I need to get them lengthened/shortened. At this point I'm wondering if its worth it to fix it. I'd hate to junk the truck but I don't want to keep sinking money into it and find more issues.

Hardass559

89 7.3 banks turbo
Reaction score
i would just take one valve cover off at a time and look at the rockers really sounds like valveterain ishues its probly nothing more that push rod poped outta place just make shure its still straight and put it back where it belongs hope your lucks not like mine and its only the easy side you gotta take off. good luck

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't b the flywheel or clutch because it made the noise with the automatic too. But ya ill pull the valve covers and see if I can fix it there. But if its too bad ill end up pulling the heads and getting a valve job. Anybody know how much a valve job costs now?

8seconds

Looking to Modify
Reaction score
The exhaust is telling you that is the sound of a exhaust valve sticking, Time for a head job.

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody know how much a head job costs? Because depending I could by my buddy's 86 6.9 4 speed for 1500. The only thing is it burns a gallon of oil a week. But It does have no rot. Which for connecticut is a miracle haha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online