More free Camping

tgatch

Reaction score
These pictures are from the South Fork of the Payette River. This was a little campground at mile 79 on Highway 21 just East of Lowman, ID. It was a nice campground, but was only about a 1/4 mile or so from the paved highway. I like to be a little further out.

One thing I learned on this trip, "Be VERY careful where you pull a 34' 5th wheel into". We had a HECK of a time getting turned back around as someone had used the turn around as their campsite. :mad: Damage was minor, just bent up the rain gutter a little.

Anyhoo... here are the pictures: Camping Pictures

Last edited:

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Nice pictures! That's the kind of camping I'm talkin' about! Last time out I had to listen to the radios from two differant groups(one on the left one on the right) all weekend. You try to get away from it all, only to have it follow you. I just installed a 2nd batt in the 5er this week, I'm hoping to do some "dry" camping in more remote areas to find some quite.

tgatch

Reaction score
Yeah the wife and I really enjoy this free camping stuff.... Sure makes the $3.00 per gallon a little easier to deal with.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Yeah, owning a small farm, my trip to Hueston woods camping with the family was like moving into the city. We had about a 50'X90' swath with people all around. We had a group of young "punks" staying right accross from us who must have been some kind of gang! None the less, after the first night, we made it clear we expected no crap and they were pretty cool, but I can pitch a tent on my property and not even see another house, hell, I can walk out my front door and have more privacy than "getting away" in this "campground"!

I prefer to find my own place out in the middle of no-where!

tgatch

Reaction score
sle2115 said:
I prefer to find my own place out in the middle of no-where!

There's lots of place like that here in Idaho. :D

We will be going out to the North Fork of the Boise River again this coming weekend. Scenery was great and so were the Rainbow Trout. For the most part people that go that far off the highway (21 miles) are usually very respectful of others that do that too. There are "campgrounds" along the way, but why pay when there are beautiful, free places another 10 miles up the dirt road?