Moosestang Update

darksword

Darksword
Reaction score
I wish I had help from a pro the first time I did my C6 would have save me from doing ti the second time the next day. I am going to overhaul it again this winter. great looking project Mel ...........

Darksword ..........

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Mel, that rig is gonna look soo cool! I love the pipes! I can just picture the black smoke rolling out.

What are you thinking for a color scheme? Sticking with the stock paint and color?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you mentioned this before; if so, I missed it...how are you going to route the exhaust to the sidepipes? IIRC, the engine's going to be n/a at least for now. Are you going to use a Y-pipe and a 1-in 2-out muffler like you initially had on the Moose, or are you doing a true dual system, or what?

Just wondering :)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warden, I'm thinking true duals, but I haven't worked out the details yet. The purpose of the body lift was among other reasons, to give me more exhaust options. Until I have the whole drivetrain in, I'm not sure what the routing will be. Rob, the paint job is a sticking point right now. The front clip is white, so something is going to get painted. I believe my wife really wants to maintain the original paint job, but I want to get rid of the body side moulding (just one more place for something to rust), and since my work trucks have always been red, I'm thinking red. However, I might go for white also, since my dads's last car was white, and I've not had a white vehicle since then. Just don't know at this point.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Agnem said:
Warden, I'm thinking true duals, but I haven't worked out the details yet.

WOW! ;Sweet
That sucker is gonna be loud. Trust me been in Franks(soulpatchf) ride with true duals no mufflers. :D
Gonna be tough with that short of length to work with for mufflers. :backoff
But hey If'n you can wear bright red swimming trunks with lilly white legs, I know LOL you can do it. :D :rotflmao

Yes my head is over my butt! ;p

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
Agnem said:
Warden, I'm thinking true duals, but I haven't worked out the details yet...
You'll be happy with that kind of thinking :Sly
I LOVE the pipes, Mel - i need to price up some seven footers for *********. if you remember how i routed mine outside the framerails, i have an idea for mufflers (if you could call them that)... Summitt has the glasspack style as short as 12 inches, so i'm hoping i can make those fit. not much 'muffling' , but they'd have to tame the N/A straightpipe 'bark' a little.
keep up the hard work :thumbsup:

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I don't know about those pipes. It seems that the cardboard boxes will definitely drag on the ground. Plus they're prone to catch fire with that kind of heat. You might want to rethink your plan.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agnem said:
I'm thinking true duals, but I haven't worked out the details yet. The purpose of the body lift was among other reasons, to give me more exhaust options. Until I have the whole drivetrain in, I'm not sure what the routing will be.
Dsl_Dog_Catcher said:
WOW! ;Sweet
That sucker is gonna be loud. Trust me been in Franks(soulpatchf) ride with true duals no mufflers. :D
Gonna be tough with that short of length to work with for mufflers.
Mel, I was thinking much the same as Ron...if you're doing true duals, getting mufflers in there is going to be complicated. OTOH, just running it straight would sound nice (albeit LOUD), as long as you don't have to worry about legal attention...

Two other questions (again, probably been addressed and CRS is kicking in :sorry: )...what rear end gearset does the Bronco have, and why did you decide to use with a C6 instead of going the manual route and putting in a ZF or T-19? Just wondering :)

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
You could always head over to IOWA80.com and bump up a size.They have 5" stacks with internal mufflers or slide in mufflers,or per my catalog a very small 5" inlet,outlet 8" body muffler that is only 51" long......Oh,they also have a new line of stacks that would look like missle silos even on a Pete! 10" stacks(YES 10 INCHES 2 shy of a foot!).

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I realy like the truck Mel, day by day you are giving it your time and dedication. You know you can call any time if you need help. Now about the exhaust pipes it does look good but being a diesel runing on wmo dont you think is going to look diferent having to black rims in the back and chromo in the front.

Congrats, Exekiel.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's see... Barney, I know in Indiana, it's customary to leave the new parts in the box when you put them on, but around here, we usually throw them away. I just used the boxes so you'd understand and not get confused. ;p

Mufflers.... yes, there will be mufflers. Unlike Frank, I don't deal with exercise equipment all day, so I'm lazy and apt to give out if exposed to real loud noises, so there will be mufflers. I'll shoe horn them in there somewhere. And EZ, I've already solved the soot problem. The rims will be black, similar to these. Last night, I tore it apart some more, taking both door panels off the inside, since the drivers door has a siezed power door lock motor, and the passenger side has something going on with the power window. NO RUST! Yea. Today I pickup the replacement door hinge for the drivers side, and the custom built 1600RPM stall speed C6 torque converter that I ordered. Why a C6 I was asked... well, simple really. I've got one truck with a T-19, one with a ZF, and soon one with a C6. I want to know them all, so I can answer more questions and boost my post count. DUH! LOL Actually, I'll probably regret the C6 at the fuel pump, but I'm trying to preserve some of the flavor of this Bronco for my wife's sake, since it was her dads, and I'm getting a lot of flack for changing the body style as it is.

Last edited:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agnem said:
Why a C6 I was asked... well, simple really. I've got one truck with a T-19, one with a ZF, and soon one with a C6. I want to know them all, so I can answer more questions and boost my post count. DUH! LOL
Mel, so this means that you're going to get a 4th truck? It'll need to be an extended-cab F-250 2WD (since you already have a regular cab, a crew cab, and a Bronco, and two 4x4's and one 2WD) with a 7.3l and an E4OD...

;)