Moosestang Update

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quite posibly. After all, both my boys will need vehicles within a few years. LOL cookoo

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Agnem said:
Quite posibly. After all, both my boys will need vehicles within a few years. LOL cookoo

Dang,what did your boys do to **** you off bad enough to give them a E4OD truck!Man,That is just cruel and unusual right there!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
Dang,what did your boys do to **** you off bad enough to give them a E4OD truck!Man,That is just cruel and unusual right there!
:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

The E4OD truck will have to go to the kid he loves least :shocked: :sorry: LOL

Oh yeah, and the E4DOA truck will have to be a factory turbo...since Mel has both an "A" and a "B" 6.9l, and a factory n/a 7.3l...this way he can have all 4 variants of the IDI too ;)

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
The boys' therapists will have fun with this. In about 15 years, I'd like to be a fly on the wall. " Mother loved you best....yeah but Dad made me drive the_____ and you got the ______........."

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL C'mon guys. You know stuff just works for me. If I have an E40D, it will work perfect. ;Sweet

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Agnem said:
LOL C'mon guys. You know stuff just works for me. If I have an E40D, it will work perfect. ;Sweet

I doubt even God could keep one of these things working.Some things are just ment to be.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Got one , an e40d, with 187000 miles on it. Been pulling trailers weighing from 6K to 12K most of its' life. All in how you treat 'em. Changed fluid/filter, read codes and reset them but did nothing to correct them. And tried my damned'st not to overheat it. And I did not baby it.

I feel a lot of folks have pulled too much in too high of a gear and overheated the torque converter which in turn fried the tranny. Too little cooling capacity. I've always had a cooler installed.

Now, do I hope for a stronger tranny one day?? You betcha! Maybe a BTS e40d!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
We took Darrin's apart first. He had told me that it had been slipping in 2nd, and shur enough, there was plenty of evidence to that effect.

Yup, If i got on it too hard with the Propane on, it would slip while shifting into 2nd. I had to let off for it to grab and go. I was babying it for the last 6 months then this spring when I got the 29' 5ver i figured I better swap out the tranny.

But the Nuteral Drops, dont remember any of those,.... :confused:

The Bronk looks like a great project, and an awsome truck when it is done. I like the side pipes, been wanting to do that to my truck as well, just along the box in front of the tires. Just cant get a 4" pipe to the drivers side without routing it up in the box.

As far as mufflers, check out the Huspower by Flowmaster, they arent cheap but can fit about anyware.

Keep it up Mel!
Darrin

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I picked up a new direct drive drum for the C6, and a 10 disc clutch pack to replace the 4 disc pack that was torn up in it. Now I just have to find some time to put it all back together. I should be picking up the gear for the window and door lock motor tonight. Somebody buy my Ranger! I need the money. :)

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Agnem said:
Yesterday I picked up a new direct drive drum for the C6, and a 10 disc clutch pack to replace the 4 disc pack that was torn up in it. Now I just have to find some time to put it all back together. I should be picking up the gear for the window and door lock motor tonight. Somebody buy my Ranger! I need the money. :)

Ranger?What Ranger?4 banger?Gasser?Diesel?!?!?!Slusher or Gear Rower.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Agnem said:

Too new for me.Early to Mid 80s 2000 or 2300 4 banger with a Gear Rower is the only way I would buy one.Oh,gotta have a carb too.......Too hard to get Flame throwers to work on a Injected gasser.... :D

Dualie

pyromaniac at large
Reaction score
Just a late comment on the side pipes. I didn't think I would like them but they actually look decent just need to find some chrome or stainless elbows for the front the aluminized just detracts from the cool chrome.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a consideration. 4" is hard to find a good selection of chrome stuff in. 5" I can get just about anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online