Moosestang Tapped a Honda

sheepman

TDS Refugee
Reaction score
92-96 Bronco and F150's have the crumple zones. Those crumple zones are a big reason why guy have a hard time converting the to a D60 with leafs.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Gainesville has those dern traffic circles. Most of them are about 5 feet across. My truck physically cannot make a left turn on them. This makes perfect since because G-ville was designed for cars with only 70 inch wheel bases.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
This may be true, but I'll have to look under the Lady Moose to confirm. She's 2WD, so it could have been possible to put them in. But my memory does come from converting the Night Moose, so you guys are probably right.

Lady Moose shouldn't, my 92 and 93 F250s didn't have them. (Both were 2wd)

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 94 definatly doesn't have crumple zones besides if I hit somting I'm pretty sure it will crumpl so why do I need them?

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's going on this Month, must be the Planets alignment? Yesterday at a tee street, this Excursion stopped at the sign ahead of me, then pulled ahead and stopped again, I pulled up to the stop looked left then started and here that SOB in front of me is still stopped. My dog didn't like it at all when he hit the dash. Thank God for good brakes on the PSD, about one inch left between us. Then the idiot stayed stopped until I opened my door. -cuss ;Really Why the hell they have a stop at a tee street is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

Well, so that everyone has to stop for a second and evaluate the situation, and not get killed on their motorcycle like my son was, at a T intersection with only one stop sign... There are two more signs up at that intersection now.

Very sorry to hear that man.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck has a 1 foot crumple zone now in the very front of the truck
but after a neon at 20 yesterday in the junkyard it didnt crumple

6.5dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anybody had someone try to cut you off on a four lane and not have you cleared. Going down Houston Rd in florence, idiot talking on a cell phone in a newer honda tried to change lanes in front of me and he hadn't cleared my truck completely so i stayed on the gas and he started to get sideways when he realized what was going on and backed off. Nice dent in the side of his plastic bumper, only peeled the chrome trim on the bumper. Thank god for trucks.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anybody had someone try to cut you off on a four lane and not have you cleared.

^^^ No less than a dozen times per mile.

And then there are those idiots that come flying past on the RIGHT side; in most states, passing on the right side is illegal, let alone a good way to get killed; nonetheless, more will pass on the right than will pass on the left where they are supposed to.

Just recently, myself and the big truck ahead of me passed this old antique woman driving an ancient car, using the passing lane on a hill on a two-lane road.

This embicile behind me, in a shiny new Tahoe or somesuch, also passed the old woman, THEN darted in front of her and floored it to come up alongside me on my right/blind side.

I was running out of lane and had already signalled my intentions to merge over in front of the old woman.

This embicile started blowing the horn and waving his next-to-the-index finger at me, like I was the one that did something stupid. -cuss

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats why im building the new bumper lol
officer i never left my lane me merged into me
midnight was his lane merging or youres one needs to yeild

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel I am glad it wasn't a seriuos accident. Glad you are okay and no one was hurt. Sucks though.
I have been on the receiving end of these things in my trucks only.

In the 78' F250 I was rear ended in Atlanta rush hour traffic by a brand new Corolla going less than 10 mph. Front end crushed and coolant all over the ground. He needed 2 new fenders, bumper, grill, radiator support, radiator, AC condenser, fans, hood, headlights etc. Felt sorry for the kid. Georgia Tech freshman 1st month of school. I had a speck of brown paint on the bumper about a 1/4" in diameter.

In the 93' F350 I was hit from behind at a stop light in the Woodlands north of Houston by a early 2000's Chevrolet 1500 Pickup. It was a hammered. Fenders into the doors and smashed everything in front of that. Knocked the plastic "Ford" trim off the back of my tailgate and did an unnoticable at the time bit of damage to my bumper. Ranch hand rear bumper it cracked the weld at one of the mounts. That didn't manifest itself until later when I hooked up a heavy trailer and the bumper sagged. Again felt bad for the kid. He was really worried about what his parents were going to do to him.

Many of these stories are reminders of why I don't own small cars anymore. Been on the receiving end in those too. Totally different results.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
anybody had someone try to cut you off on a four lane and not have you cleared. Going down Houston Rd in florence, idiot talking on a cell phone in a newer honda tried to change lanes in front of me and he hadn't cleared my truck completely so i stayed on the gas and he started to get sideways when he realized what was going on and backed off. Nice dent in the side of his plastic bumper, only peeled the chrome trim on the bumper. Thank god for trucks.

Every time I drive my deuce and a half.Had one guy in a full size chevy do it(at 60MPH) so close I couldn't see his bed.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anybody had someone try to cut you off on a four lane and not have you cleared.
Luckily, never actually happened to me. But I saw a nice accident like that down in TX - dunno what the speed limit is on I35 but everyone as flying at 80+ with like 2ft between each other, I was following a Dodge with a large horse trailer in the left lane and all of sudden I see him just yank the wheel to the right so hard he almost flipped over, I have no space for lane switching so I stand on the brakes figuring if he's risking injuring the horses like that there must be something going on in front of him - sure enough, a Chevy truck that was in the right lane tried to merge in the left lane in front of the Dodge horse hauler, apparently gave him enough distance too (else the Dodge wouldn't have been able to pull into the other lane like he did) but was not paying attention to the Ford truck in front of the Dodge and when he merged his front bumper clipped the Ford's rear bumper - of course the idiot in the Ford instead of stepping on the throttle panicked and laid on the brakes hard, thus driving the Chevy right into their tailgate and completely demolishing the Chev's front clip. I stopped just feet behind these two Darwin award winners, and thankfully everyone behind me managed to come to a safe stop as well, but my co-pilot really through she's gonna meet her maker...

Then once on a different interstate I was passed on the right shoulder by some idiot in a white Pontiac, I radioed ahead on the CB for them big trucks to watch out for him and a few minutes later one of them says there's a white car passing him on the left shoulder - it was something like "yah he's on my back door... taking the shoulder... aaaand he just merged into my front bumper " :eek: When I caught up with his location there were already two state troopers there - I was like well them bears are quick, to which the trucker bust out laughing and responds there were already there hunting for speeders - so the Pontiac deedeedee actually caused an accident right in front of the staties :hail

ken74amx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the best

wife left to go shopping with her 03 taurus. i was moving my 90 f350 cc lb drw to work on it. she must have forgot something, went around the block a pulled up perpendicular to me as i was backing up. needless to say at less than 3mph i pushed her car halfway across the road and did 4000 worth of damage. passenger rear door to the tail light was trashed. now my truck has 100 watt reverse lights, a back up alarm and west coast mirrors. women suck but the wife don't!

6.5dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vering off from the original subject, i almost wrecked by myself today. Boy at my vocational school LEFT MY LUG NUTS LOOSE AND THE TIRE CAME OFF IN A TURN THAT COULD'VE PUT ME ON MY SIDE IN A BIG DITCH BY TRAIN TRACKS!!!!!!!!-cuss-cuss thank god it didn't cuz 30seconds later, a train came by