Moose pumps

W1cked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New guy here with a question I have been reading a lot about the moose pumps and was curious as to how I can get my hands on one. And are they any better than just turning up the fuel on my 7.3 IDI?

tknomaj

Reaction score
PM AGNEM here at oil burners and he is who You need to talk to to get one. search MOOSE PUMP and You will find most of Your answers. IMHO there is no better pump than a MOOSE. But that is for You to decide. there is no comparison of turning up fuel to a MOOSE PUMP. A MOOSE PUMP TAKES IT TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL. P.S. DO NOT TURN UP FUEL WITH OUT A EGT GUAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

W1cked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Allrighty thanks and yeah i have the gauge don't want to damage my engine

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
If it makes any difference...I have vbeen talking with Mel about his moose pumps...and I am goign with one for my 1994 IDI turbo build....but you need to be turbo-ed and an intercooler is HIGHLY advised!

W1cked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah she is turbo-ed and an intercooler is on the truck

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Then moose away my friend!! I would have a pyro meter and boost gauge in the cab as well...these things bring on a lot of fuel, and fast!

Are you studded on the heads or just factory bolts?

W1cked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now just factory should I change them out?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the best forum where any questions about these trucks or engines can be answered. Please tell us about your turbo engine. Like what turbo is on it. Is it wastegated. Miles on the engine and most importantly miles on the injection pump and injectors. BTW we don't make statements like that was a dumb thing to do. We just help you to understand what you may have done is not the best thing to have been done to your engine. These engines will handle a turbo with stock head bolts up to about 11 lbs of boost. Boosting past 13 or 14 is not something you really want to be doing on a regular basis. Some have gotten away with it but its not the normal outcome.

W1cked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Allrighty right now its the stock turbo which from what I have read and understand it is wastegated. The truck is a 1994 F-350 non-duelly 7.3 IDI the transmission was just rebuilt for pulling. It has a triple lock torque converter, new electronics, waffles, and a custom cold air intake. Oh it has 216 thousand miles on her.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
the first thing i would do is open up the exhaust (get rid of crushed downpipe and muffler). put some gauges on it (egt, boost) then adjust the fuel and wastgate to get the power where you want it. with 216k miles on it then its probably overdue for a pump and injectors. if the power still isnt where you want it with the fuel and wastgate adjusted then i would go with a moose pump and posibly moose mister injectors. its all in how much power you want.

W1cked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Allrighty whats the best way to fix the downpipe problem it already has a straight pipe running back with no muffler.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Banks makes a downpipe, P/N 52103. Or you can make one.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
if you have any fabbing/welding skills then you can make one. dyoung made one for his, and iirc someone modified a psd downpipe to work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726