MONSTER TRANSMISSION

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a few autos, and they are (yawns) boring!

Haha, I know what you mean, my first car was auto. Owned 5 manuals since then and still have 3 of those.
You must be registered for see images attach

1983 f350 6.9 zf5 2wd srw single cab long bed. Facet duralift, optima red tops, bfg all terrains, 4" exhaust from y pipe back, autometer z series pyro, pump turned up 2 flats

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

23 and 63 appear to be your throttle sensor (FIPL). Having both a high and low error might indicate a bad ground?

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sure enough.a reman trans would be sharing the same symptoms as your current trans because you have 2 major (though likely easy fixes) electrical issues.

23 99 10 33 43 63

23 - did you hold WOT during the entire scan?

99 - Transmission EPC circuit/solenoid failure

10 - false code.

33 - false code.

43 - false code.

63 - Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) signal too low

99 and 63 are the only 2 codes i would focus on and fix asap.this is basically all the info you need for now.

so you need to inspect two things.
test the TPS.replace it before frigging with it too much if 50k miles or more are on it.

inspect the solenoid pack connector to investigate reason for 99 code.your bad connection might not be here but this is the most common place so start here.

look for and read these 2 tech articles:

what is a fipl
&
e4od: the importance of a clean trans harness

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
check the TPS readings and post all 3 voltages please? how did the solenoid pack plug connector look?

zbbcmonster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From wat I can remember it looked ok but wat 3 voltages do u mean I know the 1 for no throttle and wot but wat is the 3rd

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you should find a wire on the outside which has power going to it.then again, another wire on the outside with none.the one in the middle is where you test for idle/wot readings.when you find the one that has no power,turn the key off and check for resistance between it and the ground terminal of the battery.should be nearly 0 indicating the ground is ok.
you should have like 1.2V idle / 4.0V WOT on the center wire - 5V on the top (might be bottom,i always forgot which is which)
then basically no resistance on the ground.

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?4134-Whats-a-FIPL

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
hate to say it but just because you replaced it doesnt mean the new one didnt go bad...quality in electrical equipment has gone way down hill in the past 10 years

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Codes 23 and 63 are because you didn't hold the in cab throttle to the floor. Code 99 is the EPC (Electronic Pressure Control) solenoid. The trans connector on the pass side may be corroded or not seated all the way in. Do not use a screw driver to disconnect it, grab the wires to pull it, unlock the locking tab. Inspect it for oil and/or corroded contacts. If you remove the tin shield, be sure and replace it, exhaust heat will melt the wire insulation on the connector wires.

By not holding the throttle to WOT during the code pull, you will get all kinds of false codes.

zbbcmonster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to scan but I checked and at no throttle was. 99 and wot 3.66 and top wire was .2