minimum rdt hose size

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
Hey guys gonna install my turbo soon. It is a factory turbo but I dont have the valve cover with the hole for a cdr so I was going to just run my rdt from a different location, I have a nipple welded onto the front of the plate over the ip gear bolts and was just going to use that and route it to the intake box pre filter. the nipple is 3/8 or 1/2 in. Is this big enough? It seems that I have heard someone mention that you need at least 1 in hose on an rdt but I wanted to make sure.

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
I had mine done up with a tube like yours, but going to my CDR. Mine was 3/4 first, and there was smoke blowing out anywhere it can. I put in a 1 inch tube and almost all of the smoke is gone.

Black dawg

Reaction score
I would say anything under 5/8 is too small, and 5/8 is borderline depending on the shape of your motor.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most RDT setups I've seen are an inch or wider...considering the potential danger of over-pressurizing your crankcase and developing leaks from your front and rear main seals, I would err on the side of larger. 1/2" is CERTAINLY too small!!

chevytaHOE5674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 3/4 pipe nipple welded to the timing gear cover plate, 3/4" hose from that to the CDR valve, then the CDR valve is bolted to the factory ATS airbox. Could easily mount the CDR valve to any air intake setup though.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I wouldnt think there is really any use for the cdr if I have it on the suction side of the turbo pre filter shouldnt be sucking any liquid oil from there especially since the hose will be running uphill from the plate.

Is my thinking right there?

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
now with the hole in the i/p cover plate doesn't oil come out of the rdt when filling with oil? i know if i go too quick when filling the scout the oil backs up and burps all over the place.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828