Militec-1 in an IDI

runaway!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone using Militec-1 in their IDIs? I use this stuff extensively in firearms and it is top notch ;Sweet, the company is making some tall claims of improving auto performance by putting it in just about any fuel or lube on a vehicle. If it works as well as it does on weapons, then I think there is a lot to gain on an IDI. The big catch is the cost, a truck with an IDI is gonna need A LOT of Militec.

So far I used some of their grease in the front wheel bearings last time they were repacked, but I doubt there are measurable effects from it.

runaway!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoa, the stuff is expensive but not like that! I usually get if for $30 per 16oz bottle.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was refering to the grease. Should of had said that. But at that price it does come with the oil.

runaway!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, that is the kit? I usually get big tubes of the grease for something like $15

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd never heard of that but am a fan of anything that helps with engine life or reduced operating/repair costs. That being said I've always just been about using a quality oil as a base and not using additives. Not because I never had faith in them but because I've always worked on a tight budget. After some time being used I'd consider it if it really helps, so any information or experiences passed on would be greatly appreciated.

;Sweet

runaway!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I can speak of is in regard to firearms, and it is fantastic for that if used per the instructions - not your typical apply and forget lube. If it does the same thing in a vehicle, I have no doubt it will work well. If applied right, service weapons can be fired dry without wear.

I would think a full vehicle treatment would be needed to maximize (or even notice) any benefit, I am thinking about ordering a gallon of the stuff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online