Mileage Question

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
Makes sense, plus I'm sure all else equal the truck would perform better with less weight. I know in mx weight makes a huge difference (my bike is 215lbs :)).

Oh, if you do a lot of really extream angles with a large unbaffeled fuel tank you may want to install a flop tube in the fuel tank so you don't pre-maturely starve for fuel.

BigNorm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tank is one of the things Ford did right. Most guys I know running my setup (or close to it) prefer the stock tank to a fuel cell.

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
cool, I don't wheel my truck so I have no idea what kind of lean angle it takes to starv it for fuel. I know in airplanes we can do extended neg G's with a flop tube in the tank and not starve for fuel (of course you've got to have an inverted oil system or dry sump too).

BigNorm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bikepilot said:
cool, I don't wheel my truck so I have no idea what kind of lean angle it takes to starv it for fuel. I know in airplanes we can do extended neg G's with a flop tube in the tank and not starve for fuel (of course you've got to have an inverted oil system or dry sump too).
You must be registered for see images

It'll get sideways ok. The subject of oil starvation with the stock tank is never an issue which has come up. I know there's a roll over valve in there (never seen it, just hearsay) but I think you actually have to go upside down to actuate it. I haven't done this yet. Don't want to either. I just got the cage in not to long ago and would like to keep this body for at least another 2 years or more before I do a Ranger cab swap. In due time I'm sure this will be an all out Truggy.