Might have found my 350 CC

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
In my search for a 350 CC 4x4, I have looked at a LOT of trucks! I found one local, but the dealer couldn't get either rear door open. The WIF light was on, when I started it up(Took care of that for them and found RED diesel in the filter, along with a lot of water.) The truck idled at 1100 and had the return springs missing.. Manually returning the throttle did nothing to lower the idle speed... The kicker was, that they were asking $7,995 for the truck and wouldn't budge! cookoo

Also had to deal with the Hampshire county, WV sheriff's office yesterday. Found an ad for a 93 F250 with a factory turbo.. Was going to buy the whole truck for $800, but family members came out of the woodwork when I was about to load it onto a trailer.. Needless to say, I just walked away!

Anyway,

I found one on CL, in the middle of January. Took the guy forever to call me back. When he did, he said he was unable to get it started. Having learned a lot from you guys, I'm confident it's only the fender mounted solenoid or maybe bad batteries... Whatever it is, I'm sure I can deal with it successfully! I talked to him again today and made the deal for it. It is 180 miles north of me and I'm going to see if the weather will permit me to look at it Sunday. It's a 94 F350 CC, with factory turbo... Here's the listing pics...

You must be registered for see images attach

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
$8000 with issues? I'll have what they are smoking....

Yeah man!! When I offered them $2500 and my Explorer, the owner wouldn't even talk to me... Looking back, I shouldn't have offered the Explorer.. $2500 should have been more than enough!

DragRag

Reaction score
Yeah man!! When I offered them $2500 and my Explorer, the owner wouldn't even talk to me... Looking back, I shouldn't have offered the Explorer.. $2500 should have been more than enough!

Good point, IMO it's worth no more then $3500 with issues. Don't even bother going back. A really good runner is only worth about 5k in descent shape. A cream puff, in perfect shape with no more then 140k miles might be worth 8k.

poppop

Reaction score
Hay-Was that truck up in Capon Bridge?That looked like too good of a deal-

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
thats a nice looking truck if you can get it, what are they asking for it

Kanyonkitty

Reaction score
Well, we got up to see that non-starting blue 4dr F-350 yesterday. Once we got into PA the interstate was totally clear of snow, yet we have 32 inches of the white crap.

Anyway, it was COLD, looked the outside over a bit, and then opened the hood to find out it is a 7.3 Power Stroke. They guy said he tried & tried but could not get it started. Gary tinkered around a bit, the guy had a small battery charger on the batteries, but it still would not start. Gary fiddled some more, still nothing. Jumper cables from the explorer onto the truck, still nothing.

Then, I think Gary had the battery charger & the jumper cables on the passenger side battery, and after a few tries, it started. So, we took it for a ride, and it ran pretty good. The interior carpeting is really dirty, but at least it doesn't SMELL inside. Upholstery is in good shape, Gary said the drivers seat is very comfortable (He hates, HATES the drivers seat in my '05 F-350). So, we might become the owners of a '94 7.3 F-350 4x4 CC LB. I hope it is what he wants :dunno

I'm sure he will fill ya'll in on the rest of the details later.

Kitty

Last edited:

Kanyonkitty

Reaction score
OOPS :mad: , that was a typo, it IS a "94" Thanks for catching my goof. I think it even still has the owners manual in it.

Kitty

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle