Mel/typ4 pumps/injectors

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So whats the verdict, air/water or straight air intercooler? I thought about buying an air/water kit but dont want it if it wont make a difference.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having both a cheap ebay cooler on one truck, and a Hypermax on the other, I can tell you that the Hypermax intercool is of MUCH HIGHER QUALITY. You can take a few stones in the face, and it probably won't start leaking. The Cheapay intercoolers will cool OK, but when it comes to durability, I wouldn't want to own one on a truck that sees a dirt road regularly.

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Having both a cheap ebay cooler on one truck, and a Hypermax on the other, I can tell you that the Hypermax intercool is of MUCH HIGHER QUALITY. You can take a few stones in the face, and it probably won't start leaking. The Cheapay intercoolers will cool OK, but when it comes to durability, I wouldn't want to own one on a truck that sees a dirt road regularly.

are there cheaper sources for the hypermax one? or their price is the price you'll pretty much find anywhere? assume it's bolt in with a stock setup? (stock radiator, etc here. don't have the pulse turbo if that means anything)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online