Mechanic said "I dunno" "makes no sense"

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know what he's doing these days but Corey @Dieselcrawler is a superb IDI mechanic. He's near Quakertown, maybe reach out to him?

so you say near penn state, but then say only an hr from willow street... lol penn state is a little farther than an hr from conestoga diesel.

As for me I will gladly look at it for you. I have been very busy this past year with a new job(50-60 hrs a week) but if we plan it out I can do it. You can either bring the truck to Quakertown( I am 15 mins off the turnpike exit) or I can come to you. Not sure how far you are from Milroy. I have a cabin there, and I could head to you, look over the truck then head to my cabin for the rest of the day/night to prep it for hunting season. Now me coming there will limit my ability due to only will have what I bring with. Coming here gives me access to all my spare parts and tools.

let me know

Haulinhorse

Reaction score
so you say near penn state, but then say only an hr from willow street... lol penn state is a little farther than an hr from conestoga diesel.

As for me I will gladly look at it for you. I have been very busy this past year with a new job(50-60 hrs a week) but if we plan it out I can do it. You can either bring the truck to Quakertown( I am 15 mins off the turnpike exit) or I can come to you. Not sure how far you are from Milroy. I have a cabin there, and I could head to you, look over the truck then head to my cabin for the rest of the day/night to prep it for hunting season. Now me coming there will limit my ability due to only will have what I bring with. Coming here gives me access to all my spare parts and tools.

let me know

Freaking small world!!!!! I live in Milroy (new Lancaster Valley)....do you have a camp out here in the valley....yeah you are correct Conestoga is further away...one of my neighbors that has a camp near me is from Conestoga...he corrected me...lol

Haulinhorse

Reaction score
That is just crazy! When you get a break from that work schedule and are gonna head to camp,let me know. The season is getting closer!

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score

let me know
What's up neighbor. I am right near you then. I've seen you on here but never new you were in Quakertown. From what you said you must either be near the harbor freight area or down in the other direction and farms where logans rescue is. Pennsburg ish. I'm off 202. If you ever need a second hand with something don't hesitate to DM me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Haulinhorse

Reaction score
Thank you!!! I will check into it! Right now the Conestoga Diesel guy, Mel is asking me questions via email. All of the help and info you guys have gien me is wonderful and greatly appreciated!

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
What's up neighbor. I am right near you then. I've seen you on here but never new you were in Quakertown. From what you said you must either be near the harbor freight area or down in the other direction and farms where logans rescue is. Pennsburg ish. I'm off 202. If you ever need a second hand with something don't hesitate to DM me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

im on the south side of Quakertown, pretty much border with Sellersville. I am down on 202 a lot, I work for dunne’s towing out of souderton as road mechanic/ wrecker operator

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
The Hotshot Extreme will do more/better cleaning through your tanks afterwards.

It gave me a chemical burn on my forearm when I had to mess with a fuel hose after it was in the tank/fuel line, so keep it off it your skin at all costs. Not sure if it was from the mixture with the diesel or if I used a paper towel with residue of the pure stuff to wipe off my arm. (There is a thread here about it, started in December 2019)

I suspect It might have hastened the original mechanical fuel pump to start leaking worse too, but that could be a coincidence.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you!!! I will check into it! Right now the Conestoga Diesel guy, Mel is asking me questions via email. All of the help and info you guys have gien me is wonderful and greatly appreciated!

This is the best automotive forum I've ever be involved with. that's saying something because I have been involved in many over the decades...