Making progress on the sheep wagon.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If you are running this engine without injector line clamps on the lines your taking a big risk of cracking the lines. I have seen posts of the number 2 cylinder breaking the line. I know I did on my rig because I didn't reinstall the clamps on that side. sure was a lesson learned the hard costly way too.

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
I have the stuff, I will try to get it boxed and shipped in the next couple days.

Thank you kindly sir.

Icanfixall, I have clamps on the drivers side lines a 4x and a 3x clamp right where they are supposed to be. Unfortunately the pros:shoot::idiot: at the shop I bought the truck from screwed up the lines so bad on the pass side 1-3-5-7 they are too bent up to get clamps on and they came without any. Black dawg is setting me up with the parts. I have two return line fittings leaking on 1 and 5 so I am going to do a full reinstall with new return line fittings hose and orings. I was going to go over and have them powdercoated but I just got laid off so I am pinching the pennies till my new gig gets going mid march. SO the old rust oleum rattle can treatment will have to suffice. Spent last night camping in Twin and today went soaking in the hotsprings with the kids and wife... was wishing I had this truck not my nice SD. Tomorrow I am driving over to the carwash for another round of de-stank treatments..

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ok at least you know whats going on with the clamps. If you are referring to Chico Hot Springs.. Then I have been there a few years back. My neice got married there. The wifey and I stayed in the cabin down in the middle. It was great fun. Food was great too.

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
Not chico just a little unimproved hot spring, just big enough for about 6 people. But it is really hot and so quiet and peaceful. I was watching the kids pile onto my new seats in the SD with muddy feet and wet suits (it was windy and 15f in their defense) and wishing I had a different truck to use. Soon. Today I am going to fire the sheep wagon up and power wash the carpet again. Then I am taking a pumice stone to the seats to remove all the dog hair.

Black dawg

Reaction score
So, before I start putting this stuff in a box, you need: all 4 passenger side lines, and the clamps for them...correct?

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
Ya thats all I need the drivers side is good to go. Sorry I missed your post.

I just had a major breakthrough on cleaning the interior today. I have powerwashed the interior 3 times now and I still could not get the hair off the seats and carpet, it is so fine of hair I could not vacuum it or scrub it out. This morning I was contemplating selling the damn thing because I could hardly stand being inside it. I had seen a video on youtube of a guy using a pumice stone as I mentioned and vacuum so today I picked up a pumice stick and tried it out. It worked sort of but the hair would still fly everywhere and stick back on the seats and it would not come out of carpet at all-cuss. At one point I was about to give up so I washed the stone off in a bucket of bissell carpet cleaning solution I had been using earlier. The pumice came out CLEAN:thumbsup:. so I rubbed the back seat a bit more with the wet pumice It worked unbelievably well, like magic, like a dog hair magnet!!! Every wipe it would come up bristling with hair and rinse clean, I spent the next 3 hours till I wore out the pumice stick wiping down every stitch of fabric and carpet. I had to switch out 6 times my 5 gallon buckets of solution(straight water did not work as well at all) because of all the hair in the solution, it would start hanging off the stone in clumps:puke: The pumice also pulled up all the remaining bits of dirt and crud the first three buckets were brown with dirt...I could not believe it. And now there is no more stank! I wiped out every nook and cranny under the seats and the head liner. I also pulled the door panels and scrubbed the pockets and insides, Then I pulled the center console and cleaned under it. Now it is actually a nice truck, on the last bucket the water was clean with just a bit of hair, I am stoked....here's to luck...:cheers::cheers:

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
Spent today detailing the interior, pulled panels and scrubbed em, washed down everything, more dog hair removal, and cleaned all the vents and cracks with towels and a skewer. It smells and looks way better. My wife took it for a drive and loved it! No mention of smells at all, my son said it still smelled a bit lol. I got the tires squared away and started my parts shopping list. I need the door pull for the drivers door and the flat spring that holds the drivers door open. Also the fan only blows on high I assume there is a resister pack like the SD somewhere? And the tach is not working so I need to find the pickup and amp. Other than that just a few nuts and bolts and some sheet metal welding on the bed. As always any wisdom is appreciated

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like you are making headway. You will have to change that entire hinge. Ford Curse. They all break. Replacements are about $20 on evilbay or Amazon. Yep. Resistor pack on the blower. Tach sensor seems to be a common problem too.

Glad you got the hair situation sorted. I'll store that one away for just in case.

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
Ya it was pretty hairy there for a while. I was doing the math on parting or selling it. I pulled another three water buckets worth of hair out of the seats and carpet again today, It just kept coming. The extra cab window is arriving on wed and the bedside support is as well. I am trying to figure out some way to get my welder up and running so I can stitch the welds on the back of the bed back together and then I'm going to drive the heck out of it. My goal is to get it ready for a 5000 mile round trip to sc and back in june to pick up 3 horses. After I get the interior and body squared I will start working on the suspension and steering including a hydroboost setup oh yes and the AC:thumbsup:. Just bought a new camera today so I am going to be able to post some pics as well;Sweet.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Maybe the name of this truck should be hairy and not sheep wagon. You sure have removed an incredible amount of "wool" from this rig. So far 3 bags full.....:angel::D

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
When I first started cleaning under the rear seat I was pulling out big handfuls of hair, I almost took a picture but I really don't want to be reminded :puke:. This beats the 64 scout hands down for nastiest vehicle I have ever purchased and that sat without a top for 15years in a wood lot....LOL Harry, thats not a bad name really:rotflmao I am heading out to stitch the tear in the drivers seat back together with my sews awl right now then I am going to try and remove the spare tire holder which is tied up with baling twine. I saw a spare tire and the holder bar on a 88 f250 at the yard so when my parts arrive I'm going to grab em.

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
Couple of pics of the interior, the old XLT is looking better and better,
You must be registered for see images attach

Funny how many spots I can see that I missed under the flash, it needs more cleaning.

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I always liked a grey interior. Sure looks nice. Did you take any before pics...

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
No I was too busy holding my breath and shoveling. There is a couple quick looks inside on the video's I posted. I am looking forward to getting the window installed on wed and then finishing up the install of seatbelts and panels. I really need a welder right now but I am working outside so I will have to wait. I have a 45ft extension cord and a 10ft welding lead for the MM250 and a hot tub box on the side of the house but the puddles of water in the driveway have me a bit nervous:eek: My buddy is rewiring his garage so I might haul the welder over there next week. As soon as I get clamps and Injector lines I am going to finish buttoning up under the hood.
I need to find the inlet air hose for the turbo air box, or figure out another option. Then I need to time it, I called 4 diesel shops in the valley and they all tune by "ear" so I will be renting your gear.

Found the factory set of KEYS wooohooo under the carpet behind the seat;Sweet

Last edited:

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
-10f today so I tried to start her cold, fired right up but I have air leaks still due to bent hard lines and it died. I though it best to not run the batteries down again. Cool that it fired tho.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigal093

Members online