Main computer??

94250turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Starting to think my trans problems are a computer problem. Im gonna have the dealer check it out but the woman wouldn't tell me how much a computer is. Anyone know?

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You were given a lot of suggestions in your other thread but I didn't see any responses... FIPL, speedo, tach, ToT, codes etc

94250turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You were given a lot of suggestions in your other thread but I didn't see any responses... FIPL, speedo, tach, ToT, codes etc

Ive done new fipl sensor, vehicle speed sensor in rear end, new solenoid pack and valve body.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does your tach work right? No dropping to zero at idle, bouncing around, etc

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The EEC IV rarely goes bad. Plenty of them on Ebay. Tach jumping around is not good, will immediatly put you in limp mode. You also have a EEC relay, did ya know that? Don't think new EEC IV are available anymore, if the dealer takes a long time to get one, you can bet it's a repaired one off ebay. LOL

94250turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a new tach sensor. I looked at mine and some wires are exposed that go into the sensor itself. Is there any specific instructions for replacing it?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
The EEC IV rarely goes bad. Plenty of them on Ebay. Tach jumping around is not good, will immediatly put you in limp mode. You also have a EEC relay, did ya know that? Don't think new EEC IV are available anymore, if the dealer takes a long time to get one, you can bet it's a repaired one off ebay. LOL

Ford sell reman TCM's flashed to the final shift program.

94250turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the tach sensor and the trans will still go into limp mode and start banging gears. Well I kept driving home it went out of limp mode but kind of acted like it was in to high of gear. Jumped on the throttle it banged gears and went back into limp mode. Any suggestions?

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's sensitive to throttle input suspect the FIPL. Check for smooth output through the entire range, even if its new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online