Luk smf flywheel ?s

White Elephant

Reaction score
My truck is gonna need a smf flywheel pretty soon and the cheapest ones i can find are the Luk ones. I would do the lucky mod but i think i would probly screw it up and end up costing a lot of money so i wont attempt it. But my question is that Luk has 2 different kinds. One is for the non turbo idi"s and then they got some for the turboed ones. I mean are the turboed versions rated for more power? If so there the same price and i dont see why a (turboed clutch) wouldnt fit in my NA truck. I mean i"d like to have one rated for more pwr (even tho i probly dont need it) but i got the pump turned up a lil bit and if there the same price then why not. haha So does any of yall know if the turboed version will fit in my N/A truck or not? And below i will show yall the thing i copied and pasted off the site that sells the clutch and flywheel. Thanks for any info yall.

1987-94 Non-turbo, 8th digit VIN is "M". (Includes Solid Flywheel which Replaces Dual-Mass Flywheel) (LuK Ford Diesel Clutch Kit & Solid Flywheel) 07-131A $595

1993-94 IDI, Factory Turbo, 8th digit VIN is "C" or "K". (Includes Solid Flywheel which Replaces Dual-Mass Flywheel) (LuK Ford Diesel Clutch Kit & Solid Flywheel) 07-131B $595

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful, in 94 they sold the power-stroke engine also. I don't know the vin letters but that may be what you are looking at.

White Elephant

Reaction score
yea i know they had the psd in 94 but that bottom part of the post is what i coped and pasted from the site and it says 93-94 idi turbo flywheels are a diff part number than the na ones. jw if they got diff. power ratings or whatnot and if theyll fit in a na truck.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
The '94 turbo idi had larger connecting rods so they are balanced differently. Nothing to do with what it can handle hp wise.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86