Lowering Suspension?

Gord

Reaction score
Hi,

I haven't been having much luck finding anything on this... does anyone make a kit, or is there a way to lower the 3/4 ton (and up) class of pickups for any of the big 3? Especially 4x4's. I see lots of lift kits.

I want a 4wd (w/ diesel), but I want it to sit lower like the 2wd trucks do. I don't go off-roading to where any more ground clearance than a 2wd has would be necessary. Just want to 4wd for the snow and ice.

Is it just a difference in the spring lengths between 2wd and 4wd? Or are the attachment points different? Could 2wd springs/shocks be used on a 4wd to get the truck to sit lower?

Thanks,

-Gord

Hook_A_Chain

Reaction score
You could contact a custom spring shop to make you springs or coils that are lower in height, what kind of truck are you trying to lower, this will greatly help in aiding you on which would be the best route to lower the truck.
Kyle

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DJM suspension makes lowering kits for many trucks & SUVs both 2 and 4 wheel drive up through 1 ton

CLICKY HERE for their website

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hook_A_Chain

Reaction score
you could also mount the leaf springs below the rear instead of above...this will drop you down a few inches....or a shackle flip...DJM offers them too, i never knew they had kits for 4wd trucks, i just ordered a set of 3" drop dream beams for my F350

Last edited:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could also mount the leaf springs below the rear instead of above...this will drop you down a few inches....or a shackle flip...DJM offers them too, i never knew they had kits for 4wd trucks, i just ordered a set of 3" drop dream beams for my F350

Here's a site I am planning to buy the DJM 3"/5" drop for my Superduty dually. Their price for the entire kit is less than most want just for the drop beams.

ldsmss

Reaction score
I have a 02 F350 4X4 7.3 Ford removed the 4'' block under the springs, and inst. 2'' block. They have re-aligned the drive angle twice, but i still have a vibration, under load [5th wh] up to 20-25 mph. It has also had 2 rearends by 75tho. Dont know if they are related! ldsmss

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 02 F350 4X4 7.3 Ford removed the 4'' block under the springs, and inst. 2'' block. They have re-aligned the drive angle twice, but i still have a vibration, under load [5th wh] up to 20-25 mph. It has also had 2 rearends by 75tho. Dont know if they are related! ldsmss

they are related, your drive shaft is now at a different angle with is making the vibration and wearing out the pinion bearings in the process. you need to raise your carrier bearing to correct this. raising them it stretches the drive shaft, but when you lower then it puts more stress on the drive shaft.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7