Looking for 87-96 F150/250 w/ 4.9L/5speed

HondaCowboy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the ad says, i would like to find a 87-96 Ford F150 or F250 with the fuel injected 300-6 (4.9L) Would really like it to be a 4/5 speed. 4x4 is not a neccessity, but appreciated. Love these motors. I need another truck like i need a hole in the head, but a little hole wouldnt hurt. Let me know what you got. Have a 70 Model Ford F-100 i might do a trade on, but would probably just pay cash. Let me know. --chance

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
my step dad has a 85 4x4 thats a carb motor also has the 4 speed trans its a dang good truck, hes looking to sell it if your interested

HondaCowboy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta Be Fuel Injected.. I hate Carbed Vehicles. I love the 300-6's. All the Torque one would need to do basic jobs and then some. Geared right they will pull anything with the 4 and 5 speeds.

HondaCowboy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
300-6

Im just more partial to fuel injection in general. Less problems with it until stuff messes up. Always had problems with Carburetors is all.. Nothing against just the carbed 300, just carbs in general.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
i actually prefer a carbed motor if im going to get a gasser, cause there alot easier and cheaper to fix, and reallt there no much to go wrong and if it does go wrong its usaully nothin, but with the fuel injection there all that electronic crap and injectors and computer and it can get costly fast

HondaCowboy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dyoung i might be interested in the 85. send me all the details and a price. Also for the board. I have a 74 DJ3M Mail Jeep with Automatic Tranny Right Hand Drive i would also consider trading .

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
dyoung i might be interested in the 85. send me all the details and a price. Also for the board. I have a 74 DJ3M Mail Jeep with Automatic Tranny Right Hand Drive i would also consider trading .

like i said its a 85 f-150 4x4 the people we bought it from said it had a crate motor put in it a while back not sure if thats true or not:dunno but it does run good, drives great, it has a set of 33 inch mud tires, it has a few dents its not perfect it has a little rust here and there but its not ate up with rust, im not to sure on price but i think my step dad was asking 1500, dont hold me to it cause i can remeber, but things we have done, we put a thermostat in it and both u joints in the front driveshaft, a winsheild wiper motor and a set of plugs, also i think it has 3.08 gears but i cant confirm it cause i havent crawled under the truck to look, but it seems really high geared

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I actually saw a perfect truck in the junkyard like this, a cash for cars that run well program victim

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I have a '93 or '94 f150 2wd with 165,000 miles. The clutch went and it is just sitting. Has the typical 300 bearing rap on start up but runs like a champ after that. Interior is dirty and needs a bleach/warm water cleaning, needs door pins & bushings. Body is relatively straight and 90+ percent rust free. Also may need rear main seal and or valve cover gasket. I figured this is no big deal cuz the trans needs to come out for the clutch anyway. Its on deck for me to fix and sell but I would let it go to a OB brother for a reasonable price. I could yank the motor/trans and deliver also. Let me know.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Honda cowboy, i have a buddy that has a 87-91 model(bricknose style) 4.9 EFI 5 speed its a nice truck, if you want to know more tell me and i can give you the guys number, he said he would sell it cause he wants a IDI

Last edited: