Looking at Another

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Well we both came to our senses, and we have decided that the OBS PSD...just really isnt the smartest choice. It would get daily driven, get the same fuel mileage as mine, and we would have a payement. Nope...another TDI time ;Sweet

Found a 05 Jetta 5 SPEED (;Sweet:hail:hail:hail;Sweet) with 16x,*** miles on it for a decent price. Going to go look at it on Saturday...perhaps bring it home.

This would be my TDI, as its manual and Mary likes the auto. Already looking at tunes for it (stage 2 tune from the company I'm looking at is 140hp and 240ft lbs to the wheels ;Sweet).

FordGuy100

Reaction score
There was a 98 5 speed for sale with 160xxx for $3800 but it sold in next to no time. Deals are out there though...

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found a 05 Jetta 5 SPEED (;Sweet:hail:hail:hail;Sweet) with 16x,*** miles on it for a decent price. Going to go look at it on Saturday...perhaps bring it home.
You probably already know this, but make sure the oil's been replaced religiously and with the proper type...IIRC PD engines are known for camshaft problems if the wrong oil's used (which is one of the main reasons I limited my search to '00-'03 with the ALH engine). But, if the oil records are good and/or the cam's been replaced, should be good to go ;Sweet if I may ask, how much is it going for?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just missed picking up an 02 tdi for 2500. Would have been a nice parts car for sure.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Drove my brother in laws new 06 Jetta TDI 5 speed....holy cow that thing hauls. Auto's kill these TDI's.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Picked up my new DD today. $6800 for a 04 jetta TDI manual, in great condition.

It's old person gold though

FordGuy100

Reaction score
168K on it. Fairly high but its in great conditon (better than the white one with 96K at purchase). Will get carfax tommorow. Timing belt done at 110K so it has some life left in it.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Chasing down a hard start issue on my TDI. Doesnt set a CEL but I have a P0321 code which is the crank sensor. I ordered one, hopefully that fixes it. Otherwise, it could be the wiring to the ECM, and there is a update for it but it involves some wiring work at the plug that goes into the ECM (strip some wires, splice, etc). Not wanting to do that unless my new crank sensor doesnt work.

Other than that...loving the car! Manuals are so much more fun to drive!

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on new TDI :) They're definitely quick, and beat the snot out of a Prius haha

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're definitely quick, and beat the snot out of a Prius haha
Amen to that!

With the TDI, you get better fuel mileage, a quality vehicle, and you don't get the snotty self-righteous holier-than-thou attitude that so many Pious owners have -cuss

Besides, the Prius isn't even bulletproof! What's up with that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOvp69lnZbA

:angel:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far it seems to be getting better fuel mileage than the automatic TDI (makes sense).
I've heard many times that the automatic trannies suck the fuel economy out of the TDI, so that doesn't surprise me...and was the primary reason that, during my search, an automatic was a non-starter. That should change when VW starts hooking up the dry-clutch DSG's to the TDI ;Sweet although I prefer jamming my own gears, thank you very much :angel:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online