Look What I Found In My Engine, Taking Bets!

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to take a guess as to what this is? I'm sure I know but it might be more fun to have people guess.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

These are just two of eight ;Really they all looked better or worse than these two.

Surprisingly there were only a few gouges in the cylinder walls, I felt bad for the old engine. I wanted to save more but I saved what I could.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine ran until the day I pulled her, wouldn't cold start - cold being 40s-50s without lots of glowing - my newest powermaster starter and freshly charged off batteries (like 14v just shut off charger!) got it starting in mid 30s. Before that it had a new nippodenso starter too. First two cylinders came up with really low psi, one being 0 IIRC. I lost the o-ring and gave up after that point anyway - shook my head and kept driving it until I got my car and then UHaul engine.

Would have considered saving the engine but after all its been through and finding the giant welds on the side of the block I just couldn't justify it. I know this UHaul engine will last my lifetime unless something tries to kill it after seeing what this one went through:hail

***hint, not just burnt valves :rolleyes:

PwrSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't see them but possibly cracked head(s). If the block cracked due to front at some distant time, maybe the heads did too. I just looked at a tractor block that cracked over this frigid winter. Not pretty! Had to physically restrain the owner who was in self-ass-kicking mode for forgetting to drain the water.