Little more power

Joe Martin

Reaction score
1994 7.3 idi turbo. I am wanting to add a little more power but not sure which way to go. Thinking about R&D RD2-80 or 90 pump, my only question is would I need to go ahead and run the stage 1 injectors and at what point do you start thinking about head studs? Also what are yall running for exhaust?

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
custom exhaust and no mufflers, the way they should all be.

depends on the mileage on the current injectors. 10 psi is a safe number with no studs, maybe 15 psi but might be pushing it.

jeepj667

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was advised stage ones for the 90 and above. I've ordered the 80 and stock injectors. Conestoga said I shouldn't go to the 90 due to my elevation. 5000 ft.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
custom exhaust and no mufflers, the way they should all be.

depends on the mileage on the current injectors. 10 psi is a safe number with no studs, maybe 15 psi but might be pushing it.
Any benifit to running a straight pipe on a n/a beisdes ******* off neighbors

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1994 7.3 idi turbo. I am wanting to add a little more power but not sure which way to go. Thinking about R&D RD2-80 or 90 pump, my only question is would I need to go ahead and run the stage 1 injectors and at what point do you start thinking about head studs? Also what are yall running for exhaust?
What’s wrong with your stock parts? Why not just turn the fuel up a bit on the pump you have already, that will give you the bit more power you are looking for

Black dawg

Reaction score
What’s wrong with your stock parts? Why not just turn the fuel up a bit on the pump you have already, that will give you the bit more power you are looking for

this^

a maxed stock pump, wastegate adjusted to 15ish psi, an aftermarket downpipe and exhaust, will make pretty respectable power.

genscripter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are looking to add a little more boost with very little work, upgrade to the Wicked Wheel 2. I just got one from R&D (to accommodate my 90cc IP and R&D injectors) and that WW2 is amazing. But I have studs, so maybe you don't want to push more boost into your intake without studs.

The most noticeable change to my boost with the WW2 is the low-end boost. The van is a lot more snappy. So maybe you won't get a lot of additional high-end boost (as many people report better low-end boost but similar high-end boost as before), but I did get substantial more boost on both the low and high end.

The install was really easy. Open the turbo, ratchet off the turbine, put the WW2 on. You might need to undo the down-pipe (I did) to hold the exhaust side from spinning, but I just unscrewed it a little bit and separated it only an inch to get my hand in there. Then put the turbo back together. It only took me an hour to replace and that included me tearing off the doghouse and air-filter housing out of the van engine bay.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any benifit to running a straight pipe on a n/a beisdes ******* off neighbors

mainly just to be obnoxious. LOL

i honestly dont think any turbo diesels need a muffler. n/a is way louder but i still wouldn't use a muffler.

a strait through style is the best way to go if one is needed.

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
First ask yourself. What do I do with my truck? Haul a load? Daily driver?

You wont notice any thing with stage 1 injectors from R&D unless you have at least a 90cc pump. (per owner of R&D)

I plan on running an 80cc pump and Stock BB injectors from typ4, and I have a modded 3 inch elbow and downpipe to a 4 inch straight pipe exhaust

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7