Lift kits

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
86 F250 RC LWB, i am trying to find a body lift, 1-3 inch. A kit would be nice, sot so much for the body mounts but for the bumper relo brackets. Anybody got a line on one?

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
86 F250 RC LWB, i am trying to find a body lift, 1-3 inch. A kit would be nice, sot so much for the body mounts but for the bumper relo brackets. Anybody got a line on one?

There is no relocation brackets for a 80-86 F-series. the front bumper bolts right to the frame. When i did mine i actually cut the front frame horns off and welded them back on 3" higher, then trussed where i welded it

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
you just drill a hole in the hockey pucks, find some longer bolts and stack the hockey pucks on top of the body mounts, basically the same thing as all of the body lift kits ive seen

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
There is no relocation brackets for a 80-86 F-series. the front bumper bolts right to the frame. When i did mine i actually cut the front frame horns off and welded them back on 3" higher, then trussed where i welded it

Thats kinda what I figured I would be looking at, Thanks Brad.

The hocky puck trick is getting hockey pucks, drilling holes through them and using them as 1 inch lifts for the body. I have never done it and probably never will, polyurathane is easy enough to get.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If poly is easy to get just cut it whatever thickness you want on a band saw and drill a hole. Post where you find a length of poly if you do find it. Others will want to know too...:sly

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
i was saying i wasnt interested in a kit for the body mounts but for the bumper relo brackets.

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
Hockey pucks deteriorate and fall apart. Get a boat roller and cut it with a hack saw to make your own lift. :)

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.performanceaccessories.com/products/master.htm

This was the lift I used, the body mounts were great and the steering extension was worth the price I thought, but the brackets for the bumper lift were kind of a joke. I put a ton of work into cutting up stuff moving my front bumper up and out, but it's done and it looks good. You might not have as much problem as I think you have a brink nose. The rear bumper was pretty easy to move. Good luck whatever way you go.

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
May i ask why doing a body lift instead of doing it the right way ?

um, the 6 inch suspension lift thats already on it doesnt help with getting the body up off the frame. getting the body up off the frame gives more clearance for retardedly larger turbo charging systems.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
um, the 6 inch suspension lift thats already on it doesnt help with getting the body up off the frame. getting the body up off the frame gives more clearance for retardedly larger turbo charging systems.

Thats all i was wondering, i think Body lifts are a stupid and half cocked way to get bigger tires under a truck. But for what you are looking for it would work just fine. :D