Lets talk performance fuel injection....

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
seesh, while we're on the subject, i'm running a "dual" exhaust pyro so i can read what each bank is doing. i'm planning on putting the probes in the turbo up pipes right after the exhaust manifolds, what temp should i look for there. :confused:

-Jon

mejonz

Reaction score
I,ve been wanting to get a pyro and install it my self and have been reading alot of post from here and fte about it and guys that already have them installed alot of them put it in the #6 exaust runner and that's probly where i'll put mine as for temps what I do know and that's not much LOL is that the farther away from the exaust valve more variables come into play as to what temps you see.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you say is correct about distance increasing the variables. I think you only need a super accurate reading if you want to push the engine to the very edge, but not over into...meltdown. If you leave yourself a bit of a fudge factor, maybe 100-200* you ought to be okay in that stock casting, at least thats what I'm betting on.

LOGANSTANFORTH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for 8 brand new delphi injectors, that is cheap for any type of brand new name brand injector.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Look closer... They are rebuilt. Don't bother with rebuilt or remanufactored. They wont work as well as new. Not much differance is rebuilt or new anyway.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well.... Gary does know a lot more about these trucks than I do, but I think a correct;y remanned injector can live a pretty long life. I had 7 D code Stanadynes brand new and 1 rebuilt BB code Delphi and the Delphi still had a good spray pattern and correct pop off pressure after using my homemade biodiesel and being run out of fuel a few times as well. Its still in there with 7 brand new Delphi BBs pumping away. But his point is correct. You have to pay only $40 or $50 more dollars for a brand new set of Delphis. Probably worth the extra $$ for the peace of mind.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I bought brand new delphis and two of them were screwed right outta the box.
I bought those remans' from ebay, and they've been freaking awesome.

I say learn how to rebuild them and keep a spare set.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with Lucas rebuilds. Of course I pop test mine first to be sure.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
should i trust the ebay injectors or what? :dunno i'd pop test them but have no way to do it and no where close that does that i'm aware of.

-Jon

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd trust them as much as anything. Of course there's the outside chance of a bad one out of the box. No need to be too paranoid about it though.

LA350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://http://pensacoladiesel.com/index.php?target=categories&category_id=171

I just looked at the eBay ad link and saw these guys are almost local, 2 hours away across the line. They had 1984-1992 1/2 6.9-7.3 Delphi Injectors (No Cores) which I am assuming these are new total price for 8 is $175.92

The Reman version is 120.00 for 8.

I guess the bargain shopper might head to their website and skip eBay.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
i broke down and got the ebay injectors for $123 total. they are no core reman'd. :)confused: ) i'll see if i can find someone to locally pop test them before i use them. what should they pop at? anything else to know?

Thanks,
-Jon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger